Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

Just now, wildcard said:

You are such a kidder.

I am what I am.

Of those two spots, I think Kremer is most likely a candidate to fill one, I also think Kremer could be traded. Irvin could fill one.  

Anyway, back to Bradish.  I'd like to see him strike out more batters but I do believe he's a top 10 pitcher in MLB this year.  He will receive down-ballot CYA votes.  

Great performance last night.

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't think just because Wells can only go 15-20 they he will not be a start to begin the season.   They just need to plan for another starter for the 2nd half.

Why would they do that if they can find a viable 5th option for the rotation?

IMO, you don't make him a starter for 1/2 the season then go find someone else. If he gets any starts, it's as a spot starter IF he's stretched out enough to do that. 

4 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am what I am.

Of those two spots, I think Kremer is most likely a candidate to fill one, I also think Kremer could be traded. Irvin could fill one.  

Anyway, back to Bradish.  I'd like to see him strike out more batters but I do believe he's a top 10 pitcher in MLB this year.  He will receive down-ballot CYA votes.  

FWIW, he's striking out nearly a batter an inning. Last night was a down night in that regard, but the Nats were flailing, and he let 'em.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Hyde is very good at say nothing if he wants to.  He didn't have to say anything about Wells role next year but he did.

Wells and Hall will come to ST as starters.   Who is the 5th starter will be determine during camp.

I absolutely agree that Wells and Hall will both get looks as starters next spring.  Do you think there will be no other competition?  It’s not a rhetorical question.  I think Irvin will get another look, McDermott might, and they could bring someone in from the outside.  

1 minute ago, Emory Eagle said:

Yeah, I'm saying we were lucky this year.  We may not be next year.  That's why Elias needs to add some SP depth.  

Or maybe McDermott and Povich and Seth Johnson take an unexpected (to us anyway) major step forward .. or maybe a trade of middle infielder glut lands some pitching 

2 minutes ago, Sanfran327 said:

FWIW, he's striking out nearly a batter an inning. Last night was a down night in that regard, but the Nats were flailing, and he let 'em.

Yeah, he's not, like, '89 Jeff Ballard or anything.  What's probably more important is that he's right now 9th in k/BB ratio and 3rd in WHIP.

I admit that wanting to see him strike out more is a bit of nit picking.  Only because I do believe he does have really good swing/miss stuff.

6 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I am what I am.

O's aren't trading Kremer this off season.  He has been a starter all season while Irvin has been to the minors twice.  Gibson and Flaherty will not be back.

2 minutes ago, tntoriole said:

Or maybe McDermott and Povich and Seth Johnson take an unexpected (to us anyway) major step forward .. or maybe a trade of middle infielder glut lands some pitching 

I expect to see McDermott in the majors next year at some point.   Povich and Johnson have quite a bit to prove.

3 minutes ago, wildcard said:

O's aren't trading Kremer this off season.  

Probably, but I wouldn't rule it out.  I mean, I don't believe Kremer is untouchable, I don't think anyone here would agree that he should be.  And if he's part of a package that could net something else that we need, I'd hope that Elias would pull the trigger.

He is most likely our 4th or 5th starter next year but outside of our top 3 I don't think anything is written in stone.

• Upvote 1