Kyle Bradish 2023

Frobby

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

If Braddish were a bigger name he would be receiving Cy Young attention. I’m not suggesting that he should win it but he’s T-1st in ERA, 7th in WHIP and 4th in BAA. I haven’t looked up the other stats to see where he ranks but he’s the best pitcher in the best team in the league. He should at least be mentioned in the conversation. 

He easily should be in the conversation after tonight's start.

Edited by bluedog

1 hour ago, banks703 said:

If Braddish were a bigger name he would be receiving Cy Young attention. I’m not suggesting that he should win it but he’s T-1st in ERA, 7th in WHIP and 4th in BAA. I haven’t looked up the other stats to see where he ranks but he’s the best pitcher in the best team in the league. He should at least be mentioned in the conversation. 

Bradish barely has enough innings to qualify as a leader.  Before today's game he did not qualify at all but got enough innings today for him to show up in the mlb.com stats leaders.  He could fall off again but fingers crossed he gets plenty more innings to stay there the rest of the season.  If he does and stays near Cole he will be a much bigger name by the end of the year.

5 minutes ago, EddeeEddee said:

Bradish barely has enough innings to qualify as a leader.  Before today's game he did not qualify at all but got enough innings today for him to show up in the mlb.com stats leaders.  He could fall off again but fingers crossed he gets plenty more innings to stay there the rest of the season.  If he does and stays near Cole he will be a much bigger name by the end of the year.

Agreed, the only negative on Bradish is innings. Still very impressive and I think he should get some points in the voting. Very impressive. It's been a long time since we have had anyone in the Cy Young conversation.l

2 hours ago, banks703 said:

If the O's are ever going to sign a TOR starter, this is their chance, imo.  I've already given up on the O's ever signing a free agent ace.  The O's are just not shelling out $35-40 mill+/yr for a starter. 

25 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

If the O's are ever going to sign a TOR starter, this is their chance, imo.  I've already given up on the O's ever signing a free agent ace.  The O's are just not shelling out $35-40 mill+/yr for a starter. 

Or with the excess of prospects in the farm system make a trade for any potential TOR starters available on the trade market.

At the trade deadline now teams are basically holding potential trade partners hostage demanding top prospects for any pitcher perceived as being a star. The White Sox asking for Jackson Holliday in exchange for Dylan Cease was never going to happen. 

I don't want Cease anyways, but if Elias works out a deal this off-season it's likely the White Sox will engage in more serious negotiations instead given that the Oriole have multiple MLB ready prospects besides Holliday.

19 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Or with the excess of prospects in the farm system make a trade for any potential TOR starters available on the trade market.

At the trade deadline now teams are basically holding potential trade partners hostage demanding top prospects for any pitcher perceived as being a star. The White Sox asking for Jackson Holliday in exchange for Dylan Cease was never going to happen. 

I don't want Cease anyways, but if Elias works out a deal this off-season it's likely the White Sox will engage in more serious negotiations instead given that the Oriole have multiple MLB ready prospects besides Holliday.

I would rather the O's sign their own pitchers (if they have someone worth signing, which I think Bradish is).  If the O's are negotiating with Bradish, they have no competition.  If the O's are negotiating to trade for another team's starter, that team is likely in contact w/ several other teams trying to get the max return.

2 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I would rather the O's sign their own pitchers (if they have someone worth signing, which I think Bradish is).  If the O's are negotiating with Bradish, they have no competition.  If the O's are negotiating to trade for another team's starter, that team is likely in contact w/ several other teams trying to get the max return.

My preference is to sign free agents as well, but the math is going to dictate at some point Elias has to trade some players because of the logjam of prospects rising through the system.

And Jackson Holliday's ascension through the Orioles farm system this year isn't helping the logjam. Players like Kjerstad, Cowser and Joey Ortiz don't deserve to be relegated to AAA again. Elias has to take advantage of this situation and plug holes on the pitching staff or maybe even trade for an all star bat to anchor the lineup.

Also, I don't think Angelos is going to spend anything significant on the free agent market. Would be cool though to see what Elias would do if he had the budget to add one bug name free agent.