Looks like this is how the rotation shakes out

interloper

3 hours ago, NCRaven said:

I'm genuinely surprised that people think that the order these guys are lined up to start the season means anything at all.  Beyond the opening day starter, it's all about matchups and how prepared they are and almost nothing to do with any kind of "ranking" of the pitchers.

Sort of like batting order, in that the ratio of angst to any actual difference is enormous. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Wells was very good today. Grayson was great last year in triple a and is obviously a top prospect, but you’d be hard pressed to say he was one of the orioles top 5 starters this spring 

Really enjoyed seeing Wells' confidence today.  Looked great. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Wells was very good today. Grayson was great last year in triple a and is obviously a top prospect, but you’d be hard pressed to say he was one of the orioles top 5 starters this spring 

Grayson has a better spring ERA than Bradish. ERA ain’t everything, but I think “hard pressed” is a bit of an overstatement. 

22 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I would like to see him prove that he can command his curveball and slider.  

So are you saying that over the course of his professional career that he’s shown you that he can’t or are just basing it off what you’ve seen this spring? 

1 minute ago, wildcard said:

I think they wanted GRod in the rotation.   But Wells out pitched him.   We will see if that matters.

Wells pitched well towards the end of camp.   He’s a good option.  I could see them going either way here.  

TINSTAAPP!

What in the world does Grayson Rodriguez have to prove in AAA? Let me answer my own question: Nothing.

He needs to start every 5th day at the MLB level. He needs to learn how to get himself right, at the major league level. If he pitches poorly he needs to figure out how to correct his flaws, at the major league level. His secondary pitches either work at the major league level or they don't. 

Give this kid the ball every 5th day and see what you got. Dick dancing around with him is going to stunt his growth. If he's healthy it's time to let him pitch.

Edited by Jim'sKid26
Spelling, like it always is....
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I think they wanted GRod in the rotation.   But Wells out pitched him.   We will see if that matters.

I agree, they gave Grayson a chance but appears they are pivoting. If they were putting Wells in the bullpen I don't know why they'd have him start and go 5 innings.

It looks like Grayson was on schedule to pitch a bullpen on the off day tomorrow 3/28 and then start Game 3 on 4/2. See if there is any word if anyone does a bullpen tomorrow and that could be game 3 starter. Irvin?