Predict the 26

seak05

I hope Holliday makes it, and I think Burdick is backup so we can DFA McKenna.

Moves

- McKenna, Nevin, and Maton are DFA’d

- Bradish and Means are transferred to the 60 day IL.

- Holliday and JT added to the 26 and 40 man.

The 40 man roster will be at 37. Gives Elias room to claim 3 guys.  Probably a reliever that is out of options and a guy that can play CF that has an option.

(5) Burnes, GR, Kremer, Irvin, Wells

(8) Kimbrel, Cano, Coloumbe, Perez, Webb, Baumann, JT, Tate

9 LU

1. Holliday 2B L (Gotta get those ROY #s)

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L

4. Santa RF S

5. Mounty 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Westburg 3B R

(4) Bench - McCann, Mateo, Urias, Cowser

Don't count out Mayo.   He has shown better plate discipline this spring than Holliday and  there are many reports of his improved defense at 3B.

It's Elias fault that he has too many talented players for the number of roster spots he has.  Now he has has to deal with it.

21 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Don't count out Mayo.   He has shown better plate discipline this spring than Holliday and  there are many reports of his improved defense at 3B.

It's Elias fault that he has too many talented players for the number of roster spots he has.  Now he has has to deal with it.

9K / 6BB for Mayo

14K/ 2BB for Holliday

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Moves

The 40 man roster will be at 37. Gives Elias room to claim 3 guys.  Probably a reliever that is out of options and a guy that can play CF that has an option.

9 LU

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L

4. Santa RF S

5. Mounty 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Westburg 3B R

What a stacked lineup 1 through 9. This would be exactly my roster. I prefer Teheran to Akin as Akin has options. The Suarezes are possibilities but they are on minor league contracts so advantage to Teheran. This roster really looks perfect to me, unless there is an injury or something we don't know about.

10 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

What a stacked lineup 1 through 9. This would be exactly my roster. I prefer Teheran to Akin as Akin has options. The Suarezes are possibilities but they are on minor league contracts so advantage to Teheran. This roster really looks perfect to me, unless there is an injury or something we don't know about.

Since Akin has been lights out so far this spring, you are just making up new reasons to leave him off the roster.

Just now, DirtyBird said:

Since Akin has been lights out so far this spring, you are just making up new reasons to leave him off the roster.

Yes, I have been public about my biases against Akin. But I also don't put much stock in spring performance and priority on options/asset accumulation fit Elias's MO. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Moves

9 LU

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L

4. Santa RF S

5. Mounty 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Westburg 3B R

This post says Mateo is both DFA'd and a bench player....

2 minutes ago, wildcard said:

So Holliday has struck out 7 times as much as he has walked.

Mayo has struck out 1.5 times as much as he has walked.

They don't play the same positions, it's irrelevant. Small sample sized. Double irrelevant. 

2 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Moves

9 LU

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L

4. Santa RF S

5. Mounty 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Mullins CF L

9. Westburg 3B R

Means Is projected to be ready in early May.   They are not putting him on the 60 day IL.

40 man roster is at 40 with the addition of Burdock.

Subtract McKenna, Maton and Nevin that is 37.

Add Holliday and JT the roster will be at 39.

I think Redbeard has the roster pretty spot on.  The interesting discussion without Mayo on the team to start the year is what does the lineup look like versus a LHP.

The roster is LHH heavy with Mullins, Henderson, Jackson, Cowser and O'Hearn getting heavy playing time.  Additionally, Santander only had 5 of his 28 HRs last year versus LHP.  I really think the Orioles will need to find room for Mayo very soon to be the 3B / DH versus lefties or we will be left with Mateo and Urias playing a lot versus lefties especially if Mullins and Jackson struggle against them.  I think by the middle of May we should have a lineup that is Henderson - Rutschman - Santander - Mountcastle - Hayes - Mayo - Westburg 1-7 versus a lefty starter.

4 minutes ago, The Goob said:

I think Redbeard has the roster pretty spot on.  The interesting discussion without Mayo on the team to start the year is what does the lineup look like versus a LHP.

The roster is LHH heavy with Mullins, Henderson, Jackson, Cowser and O'Hearn getting heavy playing time.  Additionally, Santander only had 5 of his 28 HRs last year versus LHP.  I really think the Orioles will need to find room for Mayo very soon to be the 3B / DH versus lefties or we will be left with Mateo and Urias playing a lot versus lefties especially if Mullins and Jackson struggle against them.  I think by the middle of May we should have a lineup that is Henderson - Rutschman - Santander - Mountcastle - Hayes - Mayo - Westburg 1-7 versus a lefty starter.

I don't think we want Gunnar leading off against lefties.

5 minutes ago, spleen1015 said:

I don't think we want Gunnar leading off against lefties.

Fair.  But we don't want Mullins doing it either.  So Rutschman is the leadoff hitter and you move Gunnar to 2 or 3.  Still the same 1-7 guys IMO.  I also think just based on talent Henderson will be much better against LHP this year than he was last year.  

I'll play. Here's my prediction:

Rotation: Burnes, Rodriguez, Kremer, Wells, Irvin
Bullpen: Kimbrel, Cano, Coulombe, Perez, Tate, Baumann, Akin, Teheran
Catcher: Rutschman, McCann
Infield: Mountcastle, O'Hearn, Holliday, Henderson, Westburg, Urias
Outfield: Hays, Mullins, Santander, Cowser, Mateo

Traded/DFA: McKenna, Webb
Optioned: Stowers, Mayo, Kjerstad, Norby

Edited by interloper

28 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Means Is projected to be ready in early May.   They are not putting him on the 60 day IL.

40 man roster is at 40 with the addition of Burdock.

Subtract McKenna, Maton and Nevin that is 37.

Add Holliday and JT the roster will be at 39.

I'm pretty sure they can retro Bradish and Means to the 60 day IL going back to the first day of camp which was 2/14?  They'd be eligible to come off the 60 day IL on 4/14, and they can even remain on the 60 day IL while they're rehabbing for a designated 30 day stint.  That's the same day they placed Bautista on there.  Either way it's not a big deal.  Just putting Bradish and Means on the 60 day IL gives us two extra 40 man spots.  If you're into that type of thing.