21. Coulombe RP

22 Tate RP

23. Perez RP

24. Baumann RP

25. Webb RP

26. Akin RP

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The opening day roster doesn’t mean anything.   They start the shuttle between Norfolk/Bowie and Baltimore after the first or second series of the season, whoever starts on the roster on opening day doesn’t matter. 

I will say I don’t think Holliday makes it, but whatever. He’ll be up soon enough. Most everyone that’s received long looks in ST will make an appearance in Baltimore at some point or another. 

Yeah, the opening day roster matters for the ROY pick and service time, and for whether they decide to cut guys they can’t guarantee sending to AAA. So basically, Holliday, Mayo, Wong, Maton, McKenna, Nevin, Webb and Teheran (since it seems Baumann locked up his spot).

Cowser and Kjerstad are also eligible for the ROY pick, but their chances aren’t great and they wouldn’t be slated for enough playing time so it’s not really a factor.

For the pitchers with options it doesn’t matter at all.

32 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The opening day roster doesn’t mean anything.   They start the shuttle between Norfolk/Bowie and Baltimore after the first or second series of the season, whoever starts on the roster on opening day doesn’t matter. 

I will say I don’t think Holliday makes it, but whatever. He’ll be up soon enough. Most everyone that’s received long looks in ST will make an appearance in Baltimore at some point or another. 

I want Keegan Akin to get a 3-inning Save on opening day, and then be optioned for Game 2.

Maximize that roster every day!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaptainRedbeard said:

1. Mullins CF

2. Rutschman C

3. Henderson SS

4. Santander DH

5. Mountcastle 1B

6. O’Hearn DH

7. Hays LF

8. Holliday 2B

9. Westburg 3B

10. Cowser BN

11. Urías BN

12 Mateo BN

13. McCann BN

14. Burnes SP

15. Rodriguez SP

16. Kremer SP

17. Wells SP

18. Irvin SP

19. Kimbrel RP

20. Cano RP

21. Coulombe RP

22 Tate RP

23. Perez RP

24. Baumann RP

25. Webb RP

26. Akin RP

No Mayo?

1. Mountcastle 1B 

2. Westburg 2B

3. Hendeson SS

4. Urias 3B

5. Rutschman C

6.Hays LF

7. Mullins CF

8. Santander RF

9. O'Hearn DH

10. McCann

11. Wong

12. Mateo

13. Cowser

14.  Burnes

15.  Rodriguez

16.  Kremer

17.  Wells

18. Irvin

19. Kimbrel

20. Cano

21. Coulombe

22. Baumann

23. Tate

24. Perez

25. Akin

26. Teheran

Edited by RZNJ

5 - SP Burnes, Grayson, Kremer, Irvin, Wells

8 - RP Kimbrel, Cano, Coloumbe, Perez, Webb, Baumann, Tate, Terehan

9 LU

1. Mullins CF L

2. Adley C S

3. Gunnar 3B L

4. Santa RF S

5. Mounty 1B R

6. O’Hearn DH L

7. Hays LF R

8. Westburg 2B R

9. Urias 3B R

4 Bench McCann, Mateo, McKenna, Maton

Moves

- Bradish and Means to 60 day IL

- Nevin DFA’d

- Terehan added to 40 man/26 man

- This would mean two open 40 man spots for Elias to claim guys that have a option that were recently DFA’d on cutdown day.

Possible Moves(wishful thinking)

- Holliday over Maton

- Cowser over McKenna with McKenna DFA’d(Burdick could signal this)

Edited by sportsfan8703

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

The opening day roster matters for Holliday in that the timing could determine whether we get an extra draft pick, extra year of service time, or neither. Same to some extent with Mayo/Cowser/Kjerstad/Stowers, who could all be in the ROY conversation if things break their way.

If Holliday doesn't make it, then the organization has every incentive to hold him back for quite a while to ensure he doesn't finish top two like Adley did.

I heard the Elias comments that they feel Holliday needs to see more LHP in AAA so J initially throught he'd stay in Norfolk. But with the way he's played in ST, I don’t know if he makes the 26 or not. It's possible either way.

Baker and Suarez have a chance to take take a spot from Webb. Teheran too. Akin and Baumann have regained their edge to make the roster.

Captain Redbeard is very close depending on what they do with Holliday. If it isn't Holliday I made the case for McKenna on another thread. Could also be Maton.

I have a visceral irrational dislike for Akin but he has been good this spring. If he was pitching hurt last year I could be talked into giving him another shot, but I could also see Suarez, Teheran or even Vespi there. 

5 hours ago, RZNJ said:

1. Mountcastle 1B 

2. Westburg 2B

3. Hendeson SS

4. Urias 3B

5. Rutschman C

6.Hays LF

7. Mullins CF

8. Santander RF

9. O'Hearn DH

10. McCann

11. Wong

12. Mateo

13. Cowser

13. Burnes

14. Rodriguez

15. Kremer

16. Wells

17. Irvin

18. Kimbrel

19. Cano

20. Coulombe

21. Baumann

22. Tate

23. Perez

24. Albert Suarez

25. Akin

26. Teheran

You have 13 listed twice.

53 minutes ago, Greg Pappas said:

You have 13 listed twice.

Good catch.  LOL

I guess that means Suarez goes to Norfolk and Teheran stays although it's not what I would do.

• Upvote 1