Predict the 26

seak05

Agree 100% with Redbird. 

If Holliday was not going to make the team they weren’t going to keep him around this long. 

I think it’s possible not likely that Webb is let go for someone else.  

27 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Agree 100% with Redbird. 

If Holliday was not going to make the team they weren’t going to keep him around this long. 

Holliday was kept around this long last year. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Agree 100% with Redbird. 

Why wouldn't Holliday still be around?   There's about 20 extra players right now and half of them are going to Norfolk.   Norby isn't making it and he's still here.

• Upvote 1

Teheran’s stat line was quite good today after a dud last time. That may really help his chances. 

I think the call on Teheran comes down to how much they actually think Means will be back soon. Right now he is 6th on the SP depth chart with Zimmerman 7th behind him so they may be reluctant to cut him loose. 

37 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Why wouldn't Holliday still be around?   There's about 20 extra players right now and half of them are going to Norfolk.   Norby isn't making it and he's still here.

Because it keeps building his hype. One week of games left. 

Norby has no chance. Why would you tease someone this long and then send him back to Norfolk?

53 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Holliday was kept around this long last year. 

He had no chance last year. 

Just now, eddie83 said:

Norby has no chance. Why would you tease someone this long and then send him back to Norfolk?

Because that's how it works.  There are cuts all the way up untill about 48 hours before OD.   Maybe they haven't made a decision yet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, RZNJ said:

Because that's how it works.  There are cuts all the way up untill about 48 hours before OD.   Maybe they haven't made a decision yet.

I get that. 

This isn’t some ordinary prospect or an arm that is batting for the last spot in the pen. He is the number 1 prospect in the sport. If I sending him down I’m not waiting until a week of games are left and 10 days from OD. 

18 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Because he missed the first part of spring and will benefit from facing pitchers in major league camp.

The only sure thing I see at this time is there will be a lot of "discussion" on this site about the finale 26. I even thought I had it figured out but ain't so sure now!!!! We will however ultimately have a good amount of ML ready depth at Norfolk.  In spite of all the "he should have" and "he shouldn't have" bound to come, the O's as an organization are in a really good place. 

37 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

Oh, thought you were talking about Norby.

No, but the same goes for Holliday in regards to facing pitching at major league camp.

NP. 

I just don’t think they keep him this long with all hype to pull the plug. 

Like @Moose Milligan keeps pointing out… the last spot of the bench and the last two spots in the bullpen really don’t matter of who makes the OD roster because those will be rotated through during the season. 

I do think Terehan makes it so we don’t blow through an already fragile bullpen to start the season. 

Also, Means and Bradish will hit the 60 day IL soon, so that will give Elias two more spots to pick up players off waivers. Nevin will get DFAd too. 

Elias is not done and I predict we pick up a reliever for the OD 26 that isn’t currently in our org. 

• Upvote 1