Predict the 26

seak05

I’m interested in who the number six starter will be?

Burnes, GRod, Kremer, Wells, Irvin and then who?

Tehran, Suarez?

I’m really interested in whether there’s a high probability that McDermott will get some starts this season. I think he’s the real deal.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Tehran, Suarez?

I’m really interested in whether there’s a high probability that McDermott will get some starts this season. I think he’s the real deal.

I think it depends on what time of the year we are talking. If It's by mid-season summer, then I think McDermott (or one of the other AAA pitching prospects) gets a call. If it's before then, I think Teheran is the #6 starting option at least until Means returns to the rotation. Although, that could very well just as easily be Suarez as much as Teheran. But I think Suarez might be looked at more for the bullpen.

Until June when some of the prospects might be ready at the earliest (and prior to expecting Bradish to return), I see the starting the starting rotation pecking order to look something like this...

1.Burnes

2.Means (IL, expected to return in April) 

3. Rodriguez

4. Kremer

5. Wells

6. Irvin

7. Teheran

8. Squarez

9. Zimmerman

Then when we get to June, I think McDermott jumps up above Teheran unless Teheran has been showing himself to have success. Of the minor league starting prospects, I see something along these lines...

1.McDermott

2.Povich

3.Johnson

4. Armbruester

5.Stallings

2 hours ago, Philip said:

Tehran, Suarez?

I think there's decent odds that Teheran and McDermott both start games for the O's at some point this year. Suarez, less so. 

Edited by Spy Fox

13 hours ago, DirtyBird said:

Does our pen really need another waiver claim type with no options? Out of the pen you mentioned, only Cano has an option, which is highly unlikely to be used.

If that no option waiver claim is liked by Elias as much as they liked Coloumbe last year. 

It really just depends who is out that and DFA’d at the end of ST and before OD. I think Krook and Ort were pretty good gets already. 

OK after today, is it more likely that Irwin gets bumped?

i’m not terribly concerned, but I’m kind of enthusiastic about some of our prospects and I’m perfectly willing to give them an opportunity early in the season

On 3/17/2024 at 11:08 AM, RZNJ said:

1. Mountcastle 1B 

2. Westburg 2B

3. Hendeson SS

4. Urias 3B

5. Rutschman C

6.Hays LF

7. Mullins CF

8. Santander RF

9. O'Hearn DH

10. McCann

11. Wong