How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

Frobby

How many games will the Orioles win in 2023?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. How many games will the O’s win in 2023?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/30/23 at 17:00

This is where I get pessimistic.   I also say right around 80 so I went with 79-82.    I'm concerned about the bullpen.   The starting pitching should be about average but what really made the team last year was the bullpen.   Bautista should be great and Perez looks like he's ready to continue what he did last year.   The rest?   I have my doubts.

25 minutes ago, Pickles said:

These are very narrow ranges.  I went with 83-86, because I believe that is the most likely  outcome.  However, the odds strongly favor the win total not falling in that range.

Grayson, DL Hall and Means are going to be key contributors if the Orioles end up on the higher end of their projected win total this year. If Grayson and Means can be effective starters this year and pitch up to their potential the O's stand a good chance of getting into the postseason.

Means likely won't be all the way back until 2024, but for this year if he can be effective and take away innings that might otherwise go to less effective pitchers is good enough. Additionally if the Orioles are in the wildcard race is there any chance Elias will be able to trade for a veteran starting pitcher that will push the team into the playoffs.

I know Elias has stated the Orioles will add payroll when they're ready to win, but it's just talk until it happens. I just question ownership's appetite to add payroll even when it's the difference between making the playoffs or staying home after game 162.

24 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I know Elias has stated the Orioles will add payroll when they're ready to win,

The Orioles will not be adding much to payroll outside of some arbitration cases. This was the year and they didn’t do it. That signals that it will never happen until the team is sold. Elias was lied to.

20 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

83-86.

Balanced schedule and less games against the AL East should wipe out any regression in performances from certain players.

That was my vote too and with similar rationale. The part of my heart that the O's break most seasons thinks it will be more like 78 wins, but I think overall there is more talent on the team this year than at the start of last year and more and better depth in the minors for a lot of positions. 

6 minutes ago, Ohfan67 said:

That was my vote too and with similar rationale. The part of my heart that the O's break most seasons thinks it will be more like 78 wins, but I think overall there is more talent on the team this year than at the start of last year and more and better depth in the minors for a lot of positions. 

I agree that there's more talent here than in previous seasons.  

IMO, this season will be as successful as the rotation takes us.  If Gibson can match what Lyles did last year and if Kremer and Bradish can provide what they did towards the end of last year, I like our chances.  

I wanted to pick 87-90, but went with 83-86. 

I'll be surprised if we fall majorly short of last year, because we have so many intriguing depth options in the upper minors to plug holes when necessary. But I'm also not sure this team has enough elite talent to be a top contender yet.

I expect the Yankees, Jays, and Astros to be the top teams in the AL, with the O's are in the mix with about 7 other teams for the remaining playoff spots. I think they'll be in the race til the end but are more likely than not to fall a few games short.