Adam Frazier 2023

Frobby

The seeming overpay for Frazier shows you the skills that the Orioles value. They definitely believe bat to ball skills are important. It is really nice when he comes up to know he isn’t likely to strikeout in a big situation 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, baltfan said:

The seeming overpay for Frazier shows you the skills that the Orioles value. They definitely believe bat to ball skills are important. It is really nice when he comes up to know he isn’t likely to strikeout in a big situation 

To be honest, early in the season I couldn’t care less about his contact skills.  He had good ABs but he wasn’t a threat.   A lot of soft contact and outs.  Now, he’s impacting the ball.  Fingers crossed.

7 hours ago, Os4days said:

I said it in an earlier post … something to be said about having a veteran like Frazier on such a young team. 

I think some of us agree but the angry analytical voices drowned us out.  I have been pleasantly surprised, he plays the game the way it is supposed to be played.  I think Elias feels it is important to have strong clubhouse guys like Frazier and McCann on a young team and I agree.  This was a big part of the "Oriole way".

Edited by SemperFi

2 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Stop it. 

Could Holliday play better right now in the MLB? No. Could Norby, Ortiz, Westburg? No. Have Gunnar, Mounty, Mateo outplayed him? No they havent. I'm not talking future projections. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mr-splash said:

Adam Frazier is the best infielder in the entire organization. Right now. 

Right now, as in “he was the best infielder in the entire organization last night?”

He has been a lot better than his trends suggested he would be. I appreciate his ability to make contact.

We have some excellent swing doctors in this organization of late. (Except for Mateo.)