Predicting 2023 Opening Day Lineup and Predictions (Edit: It's posted)

RVAOsFan

2 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

Pretty disappointing OD lineup, unless Gunnar isn't fully healthy. 

Frazier AND Mateo over Stowers is disheartening. 

Not if you like defense.   

I think there’s going to be a lot of different lineups and alignments employed, and that who plays a lot at the beginning of the year won’t necessarily dictate who plays later.  

7 minutes ago, jamalshw said:

I don't have a problem with that today or for the home opener...beyond that, however, if we see Stowers regularly on the bench and Frazier on the field over him, I'll have an issue.

Be prepared to be disappointed. They got no respect for Stowers.

Yeah I'm not doing the fan meltdown thing with every lineup. I just refuse to do that this year. People are already losing their minds out there on twitter, etc. It's too long of a season to get all upset on day 1 of the return of baseball. 

Edited by interloper

Just now, interloper said:

Yeah I'm not doing the fan meltdown thing with every lineup. I just refuse to do that this year. People are already losing their minds out there on twitter, etc. It's too long of a season to get all upset on day 1 of the return of baseball. 

I almost never post in the lineup thread.  It’s way too reactionary.  

Just now, interloper said:

The only way i would have "lost my mind" was if Frazier was in the outfield over Stowers. I think they are deferring to the veterans defensively at SS/3B and LF. 

Just now, Frobby said:

Not if you like defense.   

I think there’s going to be a lot of different lineups and alignments employed, and that who plays a lot at the beginning of the year won’t necessarily dictate who plays later.  

So you like having your five-tool stud # 1 overall prospect in baseball at DH?

I agree, that we can't judge these playing time decisions after one game but there is a trend that goes back to 2022 that is continuing into OD 2023. 

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not if you like defense.   

Henderson at 3B, Urias at 2B, Stowers at DH. Seems like a solid defensive lineup. 

I certainly hope that this is just about respect for established veterans and not the usualy lineup we will see run out there vs righties. Stowers should be out there somewhere. Mountcastle needs to sit some vs. righties, but ther are not going to do either of those opening day. Can Vavra play 1B?