Game 2 Thoughts

Moose Milligan

1 hour ago, jdwilde1 said:

McKenna, Hays, and Mullins are not bad defensively, but all of them, along with Santander, have been dreadful the first two games.  Not just bad, but the worst two games of outfield defense I ever recall seeing in over 40 years of watching baseball.  The McKenna and Hays misplays are things that you may not see all season.   At this point, I am just going to chalk it up to weird things that happen in baseball.

RHP tomorrow. I wonder if Stowers and Vavra start for a change of pace.

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

Why? 

Orioles have 160 games left to overcome a horrible loss. Currently tied for 1st place  

A screw up in 3rd inning game isn’t over. Not same as at end of game. 

Tied for 2nd place. The Rays are 2-0 so it's already cost them a wire-to-wire season.

• Haha 1

Yesterday we won a game we almost lost. Today we lost a game we almost won. Over two games, both teams have scored 18 runs. Pitching has been a bit suspect! Not sure my meds are going to hold up long if this continues. Enough mistakes by both teams and the umpires over two games to cover a month. Today was almost predictable after yesterday. If our sesson is going to be like this, I'm going to start watching professional checkers. Game ended - took a shower - watched an episode of Yellowstone with people killing each other and felt better. 

ON TO TOMORROW! 

• Like 1

Two points:

1) The ball appears to have a rabbit in it.  Rangers  16 runs, Angels 13, Rays 12.   It really flies.

2)  This is the reason the players play so hard for Hyde.  He doesn't throw them under the bus when things go bad.   He says McKenna is a good defense outfield.  So is Hay and Mullins.  They just had a couple of bad games.  This is the way he gets them to stick together and come out tomorrow and play their hearts out.

• Upvote 4

The bullpen gave up 2 earned runs in 6 innings.  They did their job.  I missed most of the game but it seems odd that no one is mentioning Dean Kremer who was staked to a 7-1 lead and after a 4 run Oriole inning promptly gave 4 right back.  McKenna is the #1 goat.  Kremer is #2.

1 hour ago, bpilktree said:

Did you forget the White Sox game just last year.  That then them to go on a huge skid.  This loss won’t kill us but how we come back from it will be more important.  You will lose a bunch of games you should win in 162 and some you win you deserve to lose.  

This. It could start a skid like that Chisox game last year; or it could steel some resolve to correct immediately. At least they won't be getting all overconfident from being 2-0. Having "better talent" on the team only gets you halfway there. Let's hope this self-created adversity builds some character. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

The bullpen gave up 2 earned runs in 6 innings.  They did their job.  I missed most of the game but it seems odd that no one is mentioning Dean Kremer who was staked to a 7-1 lead and after a 4 run Oriole inning promptly gave 4 right back.  McKenna is the #1 goat.  Kremer is #2.

There is no number 2 goat for this one.  

39 minutes ago, now said:

This. It could start a skid like that Chisox game last year; or it could steel some resolve to correct immediately. At least they won't be getting all overconfident from being 2-0. Having "better talent" on the team only gets you halfway there. Let's hope this self-created adversity builds some character. 

Maybe it’s just me but I’d rather be 2-0 and worry about being over confident than 1-1 coming off a gut wrenching loss 

Edited by mlrhode
Missed word