Have The O's Reached Out To Angel Reese To Throw Out The First Pitch For The Home Opener?

ORIOLE33

11 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

yeah, 3 days before opening day the O's are still wondering who they should get to throw out the first pitch.  She's a talent, but she was the 4th highest scorer on her team in the Championship....not like she beat Iowa on her own, she was just the most visible and controversial player in the game.  Maybe one day, but not Opening Day.

Of course she didn't win it on her own, who does? But she was the MVP of the Final Four if I'm not mistaken and she's local. I'd be surprised if she doesn't throw out the 1st pitch sometime this year. 

6 hours ago, ORIOLE33 said:

Since she's from Baltimore and we all know the rest, I was just wondering have the O's contacted her about throwing out the first pitch or do have they already given the honor to someone else? 

They certainly should (if they haven't already). From a PR perspective it would be a wise move since she has local ties, is in the news, s and has over 1 million Instagram followers. 

1 hour ago, drdelaware said:

Female basketball player which is exactly why you don’t know her.  I didn’t either until they talked about some gesture after a game on the radio.  Guess they were looking for press.

I know a handful of names.  Honestly, I don’t know nearly as many male players as I used to, either.  Men’s college BB has gone way downhill over the last 25 years, with so many players leaving early for the NBA or transferring.  I think those phenomena are less prevalent in the women’s game. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I know a handful of names.  Honestly, I don’t know nearly as many male players as I used to, either.  Men’s college BB has gone way downhill over the last 25 years, with so many players leaving early for the NBA or transferring.  I think those phenomena are less prevalent in the women’s game. 

I'm not so sure about that. LSU just won the title and their 9 top scorers this year weren't on the team last year.

12 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

So the Governor, who was here for 8 years and went through and beat cancer didn’t throw out the first pitch but the new Gov is?

Gee, I wonder why?

Probably because he didn't want to be booed.

I'm sure there will be some boos for Moore as well, pretty much every politician gets booed by some subset of the crowd when they throw out the first pitch.

Do you really think the Orioles wouldn't let the Governor throw out the first pitch if he was interested?

Edited by MurphDogg
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Probably because he didn't want to be booed.

I'm sure there will be some boos for Moore as well, pretty much every politician gets booed by some subset of the crowd when they throw out the first pitch.

Do you really think the Orioles wouldn't let the Governor throw out the first pitch if he was interested?

I of course don't live in Maryland and haven't for some time.

Why would Governor Hogan have been booed?

He left office with a 77% approval rating.

That seems like an amazingly high number.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

Here's Larry Hogan seemingly enjoying himself on the field before an Orioles game in 2015.  Unfortunately, it doesn't appear as if he threw out the first pitch, which is just a out-and-out tragedy.

28f1ea5ed7af3829820f6a706700f4e0_c0-0-51

(That's Hogan on the right, in the back with the bald head.  The one on the left is the Orioles mascot.)

He looks like he's about to offer you thirty cents on the dollar for a Civil War Pistol that his expert just looked at.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I of course don't live in Maryland and haven't for some time.

Why would Governor Hogan have been booed?

He left office with a 77% approval rating.

That seems like an amazingly high number.

Do you know what 23% of a crowd booing sounds like?  😀