Creed Willems 2023

Frobby

After struggling for much of 2022 but ending the year fairly strongly in the closing weeks, Creed Willems is off to a strong start in his first two games, going 4 for 7 with two doubles and a homer and four walks.  Very encouraging.

10 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

It’s hard to tell from thevideo, did he seem trimmer? Maybe he decided to re-dedicate himself to being an athlete year round with a growth mindset.

I thought the same thing. Doesn't look like he lost a lot of weight but he definitely looks trimmer.

He did go from first to third on a single.

2 hours ago, Chaka Garcia said:

It’s hard to tell from thevideo, did he seem trimmer? Maybe he decided to re-dedicate himself to being an athlete year round with a growth mindset.

He did not look trimmer to me at all. I was disappointed to seeing him show back up the same way as last year, but it appears that's just going to be his body type and that will limit him as he gets older.

He looked real good tonight obviously. Besides the 3 hits including a long right center home run, he made a real nice play on a batted ball in front of the plate where he bounced on quickly, and made strong throw to 1st. 

For a rotund young man, he moves well.