The 2023 attendance thread

Frobby

5 hours ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Upper deck in left field was pretty empty. But most of the rest of the stadium was pretty packed.

Basically today about the same  with the left field corner mostly empty. Give or take 37,000 to 38,000 again unless a big walkup which I don't think will happen.. Maybe the weather keeps the walkup down.

3 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Basically today about the same  with the left field corner mostly empty. Give or take 37,000 to 38,000 again unless a big walkup which I don't think will happen.. Maybe the weather keeps the walkup down.

Already had some light rain where I live. Stopped. Looks like it may be coming earlier than they originally said. 

12 hours ago, Going Underground said:

So attendance is 1,756,172 with six games to go. So looks like about 1,915,172  or something around that to end the season 

Plus or minus five?   😉

If I were to look through this thread, I think I’d find that nobody even suggested that 1.9 mm was possible until maybe late July.*  They had very strong attendance over the summer.  At the 40 home game mark, they were at 809,511.   You always expect the second half to be stronger, especially when the team is contending, but it’s gone about as well as the Orioles could have hoped attendance-wise.  And with the incentive of 2023 playoff tickets for people who commit to a season ticket plan for next year, they should get a nice head start on 2024.   

* I went back and looked.  First mention of 1.9 mm being possible was on August 10.   

Edited by Frobby
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

And with the incentive of 2023 playoff tickets for people who commit to a season ticket plan for next year, they should get a nice head start on 2024.   

The biggest year-over-year attendance increase this year is the Phillies. Approximately 720k more fans total and 9,700 per game. 

I have no data to back this up, but I'd imagine that a lot of that is from season ticket plans sold thanks to their World Series run last year.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Plus or minus five?   😉

If I were to look through this thread, I think I’d find that nobody even suggested that 1.9 mm was possible until maybe late July.*  They had very strong attendance over the summer.  At the 40 home game mark, they were at 809,511.   You always expect the second half to be stronger, especially when the team is contending, but it’s gone about as well as the Orioles could have hoped attendance-wise.  And with the incentive of 2023 playoff tickets for people who commit to a season ticket plan for next year, they should get a nice head start on 2024.   

* I went back and looked.  First mention of 1.9 mm being possible was on August 10.   

Right now the Nats series only looks around 30,000. Red Sox series might have more people buying tickets now. Thursday looks like 20,000. Saturday is close to a sellout. Friday and Sunday ,do we get near 37,000 or do or stay in the low 30,000.

12 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Right now the Nats series only looks around 30,000. Red Sox series might have more people buying tickets now. Thursday looks like 20,000. Saturday is close to a sellout. Friday and Sunday ,do we get near 37,000 or do or stay in the low 30,000.

Right now the Friday and Sunday Red Sox games don't have 30,000 tickets sold yet but Saturday only has a few single seats left. Right field corner is only open for Saturdays game. Hopefully we can get 30,000 or more for Friday and Sunday.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

Right now the Friday and Sunday Red Sox games don't have 30,000 tickets sold yet but Saturday only has a few single seats left. Right field corner is only open for Saturdays game. Hopefully we can get 30,000 or more for Friday and Sunday.

It may depend on if the AL East title is still in play.  I don’t have tickets that weekend, but if it gets close to those dates and it appears that those games remain critical, I easily could decide to get some last minute tickets.  I’m sure I’m not the only fan thinking that way.  

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

It may depend on if the AL East title is still in play.  I don’t have tickets that weekend, but if it gets close to those dates and it appears that those games remain critical, I easily could decide to get some last minute tickets.  I’m sure I’m not the only fan thinking that way.  

You are not.

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

There will be a good day-of-game bump for whatever the first game is that we go in with a chance to clinch the division, whether that game is against Washington or Boston.

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

You better. Don't want you to complain to me we only drew 1,899,989 and missed 1,900,000.😀

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/18/2023 at 1:55 PM, Going Underground said:

20,283 tonight. So more like 40,000 or so total for the Nats series. 1,900,000 is now guaranteed and maybe 180,000 or so more  

• Upvote 1