Yankees 2023

Just Regular

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly they were the last team I would have expected to sell advertising space on the uniforms.  Welcome to the Starr Insurance Yankees.

They'll make enough from this deal to pay for about three weeks salary of the next premium free agent they sign.

I hate the Yankees. But I respect them and I certainly respect their history. The pinstripes and their uniforms are iconic and instantly recognizable. 

It is disgusting to see them sell advertising space on their uniforms.  Advertisements on the outfield walls, fine. Leave jerseys alone. 

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

I hate the Yankees. But I respect them and I certainly respect their history. The pinstripes and their uniforms are iconic and instantly recognizable. 

It is disgusting to see them sell advertising space on their uniforms.  Advertisements on the outfield walls, fine. Leave jerseys alone. 

On one hand I agree with you but on the other well, it will be pleasant to have this in my back pocket the next time a Yankee fan wants to get preachy with me about how their team does things the right way.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anthony Rizzo to the IL with post-concussion syndrome, believed to be related to a collision he had way back on May 28 with Fernando Tatis Jr at first base.

When he was 0 for 5 with 5 Ks vs the Orioles Sunday he felt a bit "foggy" afterwards and has had some tests and has been diagnosted with some cognitive impairment.

47 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Anthony Rizzo to the IL with post-concussion syndrome, believed to be related to a collision he had way back on May 28 with Fernando Tatis Jr at first base.

When he was 0 for 5 with 5 Ks vs the Orioles Sunday he felt a bit "foggy" afterwards and has had some tests and has been diagnosted with some cognitive impairment.

I am surprised they waited so long; that pickoff with Tatis Jr clearly showed he was shook up. He dropped the ball, his glove, and fell to the dirt, and I'm sure he said he was fine, but he clearly wasn't. That's not normal for a professional athlete. 

3 hours ago, SteveA said:

Post-concussion syndrome is no joke and it's upsetting that nobody noticed for more than two months. For a Yankee, I kind of like Rizzo. He and Brandon Hyde seem like they're pretty close from their Cubs days.

4 hours ago, CharmCityHokie said:

I am surprised they waited so long; that pickoff with Tatis Jr clearly showed he was shook up. He dropped the ball, his glove, and fell to the dirt, and I'm sure he said he was fine, but he clearly wasn't. That's not normal for a professional athlete. 

My theory on this is that he passed a cognitive assessment afterward, but then he had some innocuous hit to the head a few days later and caused a second concussion, kind of like when Brian Roberts tapped his helmet with a bat and had a concussion that took him a year to recover from.