Tuesday, May 2: Orioles start a new month in Kansas City

SteveA

Baseball umpires honestly have no place making real-time calls. Video replay and an automatic zone do a better job at making every single call.

It's not like other sports like football or basketball where there's wriggle room and you can defer to the on-field judgment.

• Upvote 1

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Surprisingly, Fangraphs has the Royals as the 9th best defensive team in baseball.  They’ve looked horrible tonight. 

Worst defensive team in baseball?  The Orioles. 

Lots of Mountcastle and Henderson errors.  And honestly Mateo is good for lots of throwing errors.  

Just now, ArtVanDelay said:

Surprisingly, Fangraphs has the Royals as the 9th best defensive team in baseball.  They’ve looked horrible tonight. 

Worst defensive team in baseball?  The Orioles. 

That’s hard to believe. I mean I don’t think our defense has been great overall but I don’t think I’m watching the worst defense in baseball every game.  

Just now, Moose Milligan said:

That’s hard to believe. I mean I don’t think our defense has been great overall but I don’t think I’m watching the worst defense in baseball every game.  

We've been really bad, that doesn't surprise me. It won't finish it that way of course, but the defensive start has been horrid. 

Puts our 19-9 start in some perspective, that...19-9 with the worst defense in baseball.