Adley hugs are becoming contagious

wildcard

Can you blame him?

I actually thought Freddie G. should have pulled Wells before that batter.  He was clearly getting tired, missing some spots badly even before the two walks, in a game where he’d had impeccable command through 6 innings. That second walk would have been hook time for me.   But Santander bailed Wells out.  

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Can you blame him?

I actually thought Freddie G. should have pulled Wells before that batter.  He was clearly getting tired, missing some spots badly even before the two walks, in a game where he’d had impeccable command through 6 innings. That second walk would have been hook time for me.   But Santander bailed Wells out.  

I think it was pretty clear that was his last batter no matter what happened (lefty on deck if I’m not mistaken). I liked giving him the chance to work out of it, even though it very nearly backfired.  Have to pick the spots wisely but do need to push these starters when they can. 

4 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I think it was pretty clear that was his last batter no matter what happened (lefty on deck if I’m not mistaken). I liked giving him the chance to work out of it, even though it very nearly backfired.  Have to pick the spots wisely but do need to push these starters when they can. 

I don’t mind pushing them, but I don’t like doing it when I see the tank is on E.  We were very lucky that last hit didn’t tie the game, which would have been a real waste of a great outing.  Also, it looked like Freddie only had the lefty Perez up in the bullpen, which was a mistake in my view.  Oh well, it worked out.  

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

I don’t mind pushing them, but I don’t like doing it when I see the tank is on E.  We were very lucky that last hit didn’t tie the game, which would have been a real waste of a great outing.  Also, it looked like Freddie only had the lefty Perez up in the bullpen, which was a mistake in my view.  Oh well, it worked out.  

Certainly agree that Cionel being the one warming wasn’t encouraging and that was probably the main reason I was happy to ride with T Wells for that last batter!

I hope Cionel gets it going soon. Fun guy to watch when he’s pitching like he was last year. Electricity on the mound. 

18 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

Certainly agree that Cionel being the one warming wasn’t encouraging and that was probably the main reason I was happy to ride with T Wells for that last batter!

I hope Cionel gets it going soon. Fun guy to watch when he’s pitching like he was last year. Electricity on the mound. 

He actually looked really good in his May 6 outing against the Braves.  Best I’ve seen his stuff this year.  Then he lost the next day when he allowed the ghost runner to score with one out in the 10th.  I didn’t get to watch that so I don’t know if it was a bad pitch or just a bad result.  

19 minutes ago, Pickles said:

Santander had a really nice day in the field yesterday.  His defense is unfairly maligned around here.

Kevin Brown said that Santander was a GG finalist in 2019 during the broadcast last night.  I don't remember that.  If that is true - he has the ability to be s solid defender.  I don't think he's a liability out there.   It would help the team if he could play 1B every now and then. 

Rutschman has a tremendous veteran presence, really just seems like he was born for playing catcher, just as Wieters was.  Seems more extroverted than Wieters, definitely the right personality for this club as constructed.  I guess the personalities always seem right when you're winning.

5 hours ago, Yossarian said:

Kevin Brown said that Santander was a GG finalist in 2019 during the broadcast last night.  I don't remember that.  If that is true - he has the ability to be s solid defender.  I don't think he's a liability out there.   It would help the team if he could play 1B every now and then. 

I think he was overrated in 2020 defensively, and he's been underrated since then.