Tuesday, May 30th: Orioles continue vs the Guardians, without Cedric Mullins

SteveA

Lol.. Just an annoying awful game now. 

Can't stand watching Hyde manage his bullpen. 

Can't stand starting pitchers that crap their pants and need 95 pitches and can't get out of the 6th inning with a big lead. 

Baker can't pitch in May, yet he's out there crapping his pants. The Coulombe bubble may have burst.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, TopGunnar said:

#@$% this team lol. “Best bullpen in Baseball” LOL. 

The bullpen is good, but I can't call them the best in baseball. Maybe under someone like Buck managing them they would be the best in baseball.

I've never been a huge fan of how Hyde makes his in-game pitching decisions.

• Upvote 1

@Tony-OHI get your frustration at Gibson not being able to go more innings tonight. But come tomorrow morning guy is going to be top 10 in mlb in IP. For what the Orioles paid for him, he's more then done his job (so far)

Hyde's lack of ability/understanding for how to use a long reliever is a much bigger source of frustration for me

3 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Complete bullpen implosion...and that was a really poor throw from Hays

Awful throw by Hays. Now grant it he's not use to throwing from CF, but man he allowed his arm to drop and the ball really ran on him up the line. That's a throw he needs to make. A decent throw there and the runner is out.

• Upvote 1

Just now, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The bullpen is good, but I can't call them the best in baseball. Maybe under someone like Buck managing them they would be the best in baseball.

I've never been a huge fan of how Hyde makes his in-game pitching decisions.

I keep seeing people say our bullpen is good. What am I missing. Besides Cano and Bautista.  Baker, Voth, Perez, Givens all are below average. Coulombe is nothing special either 

1 minute ago, seak05 said:

@Tony-OHI get your frustration at Gibson not being able to go more innings tonight. But come tomorrow morning guy is going to be top 10 in mlb in IP. For what the Orioles paid for him, he's more then done his job (so far)

Hyde's lack of ability/understanding for how to use a long reliever is a much bigger source of frustration for me

Again, I'm talking about tonight, not his whole season. Tonight Gibson did not do his job effectively. And yes, I agree with you that Hyde is clueless on how to use a long reliever so he doesn't burn through his pen.