I Love Aaron Hicks!

Mr-splash

15 hours ago, DocJJ said:

His career batting average of .229 over 10 MLB seasons should tell you everything you need to know....

I want to know how on earth he hung on for 10 MLB seasons????

I don't care who you are... if you've played 10 years in the bigs, then you are in the top .01% of humans who have ever played this game. 

1 hour ago, MCO'sFan said:

I don't care who you are... if you've played 10 years in the bigs, then you are in the top .01% of humans who have ever played this game. 

Ok, but the bottom .01% of guys who played in the majors.... (kidding... sort of...)

• Haha 1

Hicks put up 1.6 WAR last year. He wasn't the big contract guy the Yankees were hoping for, and he's not a good everyday player, but he's an upgrade from McKenna. What these four games have shown is that at least he hasn't completely lost it, like it might have looked early in the year. If he can repeat the .330 OBP while playing a decent CF, that's still a move in the right direction.

5 hours ago, SilverRocket said:

Hicks put up 1.6 WAR last year. He wasn't the big contract guy the Yankees were hoping for, and he's not a good everyday player, but he's an upgrade from McKenna. What these four games have shown is that at least he hasn't completely lost it, like it might have looked early in the year. If he can repeat the .330 OBP while playing a decent CF, that's still a move in the right direction.

The bolded seems to be true imo.  And that's what really counts.  Upgrading the roster.  He's also a switch-hitter so he provides more flexibility.

The myopic OH freakout, followed by the slow realization that the acquisition makes at least some sense, is an oldie but goodie.