Orioles Nemesis Optioned to Rookie Ball...

Billy F-Face3

2 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Also on an airplane  I am tall and the seats are always getting smaller and can't always get the emergency exit row. Then inevitably the person from that stupid TLC  tv show happens to be a seatmate. My 1,000 pound airplane seatmate.It would make great tv.

I was once on a flight from Bahrain to Paris and I was seated next to someone who weighed an easy 400 LBs.  I went and spoke to the flight crew, without saying anything too directly, and asked if I could move seats, but was told the plane was completely full and that it was impossible.  Luckily, before we took off, some Saudi got belligerently drunk and was removed, so I was able to have his seat.

Obviously I was joking about separating fat people from the general population, but buying two seats on an airplane should be a requirement for anyone who can't fit within the two arm rests.  Just like they're measuring bags before flights, they should be measuring people's fat asses.

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

I was once on a flight from Bahrain to Paris and I was seated next to someone who weighed an easy 400 LBs.  I went and spoke to the flight crew, without saying anything too directly, and asked if I could move seats, but was told the plane was completely full and that it was impossible.  Luckily, before we took off, some Saudi got belligerently drunk and was removed, so I was able to have his seat.

Obviously I was joking about separating fat people from the general population, but buying two seats on an airplane should be a requirement for anyone who can't fit within the two arm rests.  Just like they're measuring bags before flights, they should be measuring people's fat asses.

And that Saudi is now head of the PGA.  

In this day and age, it's always surprising to me when a player shows up for the season overweight.  The most important part of their job is to be in good physical condition; how could they let themselves go when they have the entire offseason just to workout?  And with the money all players make these days, they can afford the best healthy food, can build nice gyms in their homes, hire nutritionists, chefs, and personal trainers, etc.  It's amazing how much weight Givens has put on, and it's not really surprising he has knee issues...

I’m not really sure why the board thinks it’s OK to trash people because of their weight. I guess to each his own. Is there any evidence whatsoever that Manoah’s weight has led to his demotion?  You guys are acting like he can’t fit through the clubhouse doorway or something. 

pretty offensive stuff in this thread if you ask me. 

5 minutes ago, Fiver6565 said:

I’m not really sure why the board thinks it’s OK to trash people because of their weight. I guess to each his own. Is there any evidence whatsoever that Manoah’s weight has led to his demotion?  You guys are acting like he can’t fit through the clubhouse doorway or something. 

Lighten up. (no pun intended)

• Haha 2

There is no doubt in my mind that Manoah being so fat is hurting his pitching.  Maybe they can isolate him down in Florida and give him their undivided attention (and lock the snack machines) and he will get it together before the end of the season.  As of today I would guess they would need at least six weeks to try to get him into some kind of shape where he might be able to see his feet again when he looks down.

12 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Well, read between the lines he's optioned to Dunedin so it's for rehabilitation-access to resources he would not have in AA/AAA.

I think when someone signs a contract to provide services they should make an genuine effort to do so.  As a professional athlete that means staying in shape.    

19 hours ago, Fiver6565 said:

Yeah, that was all pretty gross and honestly had me considering moving on if the forum is filled with people who back that type of rhetoric. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, SemperFi said:

Well, read between the lines he's optioned to Dunedin so it's for rehabilitation-access to resources he would not have in AA/AAA.

I think when someone signs a contract to provide services they should make an genuine effort to do so.  As a professional athlete that means staying in shape.    

Just a heads up, but the mass speculation of his struggles has nothing to do with his weight and everything to do with the pitch clock getting into his head and throwing him off. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

Just a heads up, but the mass speculation of his struggles has nothing to do with his weight and everything to do with the pitch clock getting into his head and throwing him off. 

It's probably a confluence of factors.  If we as fans lose a pitcher or two for much shorter games it's a price I'm willing to pay.