Mounty to 10 Day IL, Denoyer DFA’ed. Kolozsvary Contract Purchased

Orioles Jim

Talking to a horse so dead, rigor mortis has come and gone, but I wouldn't look into Kolozvary being the one put on the 40 right now too hard. He was on the taxi squad, already in Baltimore. They needed a 26th player, who was a position player.

Tonight, he will collect his meal money and enjoy room service. Tomorrow, or very soon, he will be a blip on the waiver wire.

• Upvote 2

Where are all the guys slamming Mounty telling us he should be released and that he is a bum and worthless? I’m sure the vertigo has been affecting him for a while now and not just when he stopped playing. Maybe we can give him a little benefit of the doubt before running him out of town. 

Same goes with Elias decision to bring up a catcher instead of Westburg or Cowser. McCann has been very solid but wasn’t he hit on the hand pretty hard the other day. Maybe he isn’t 100% and Adley needs more days off. 

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Where are all the guys slamming Mounty telling us he should be released and that he is a bum and worthless? I’m sure the vertigo has been affecting him for a while now and not just when he stopped playing. Maybe we can give him a little benefit of the doubt before running him out of town. 

Same goes with Elias decision to bring up a catcher instead of Westburg or Cowser. McCann has been very solid but wasn’t he hit on the hand pretty hard the other day. Maybe he isn’t 100% and Adley needs more days off. 

Literally no one here has called for Mountcastle's outright release or described him as worthless. 

5 minutes ago, interloper said:

Literally no one here has called for Mountcastle's outright release or described him as worthless. 

Not true. There have been several post about downright DFA ing him. Heck there’s a thread talking about what if any trade value he has. 

21 minutes ago, Os4days said:

If he has been playing through an undisclosed injury that is obviously new information. That would still argue for him not playing until he gets the issue resolved. It would also be a pretty serious breach of trust. I suspect this is a more recent issue. Either way it does not change the fact that he was pretty lousy up until now. If it was affecting his play you are right there is some hope he may get back to his career norms at least. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Tonight, he will collect his meal money and enjoy room service. Tomorrow, or very soon, he will be a blip on the waiver wire.

I did the math once. A day of ML service time is worth around $2,000 after taxes if you're making league minimum. Not bad for a night of work although catching Cionel Perez can't have been fun.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

There were a few suggesting he be optioned not DFA. There is a huge difference. 

Optioned or designated for assignment … merely semantics. Bottom line there were plenty of guys who was ready to never see Mounty in a Orioles uniform again. 

4 hours ago, waroriole said:

Vertigo sounds serious. Hope he’s ok. 

Brian Roberts hit himself in the head with a bat after striking out and gave himself a horrible case of vertigo that lasted a season and honestly he was never the same. 

2 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

If he has been playing through an undisclosed injury that is obviously new information. That would still argue for him not playing until he gets the issue resolved. It would also be a pretty serious breach of trust. I suspect this is a more recent issue. Either way it does not change the fact that he was pretty lousy up until now. If it was affecting his play you are right there is some hope he may get back to his career norms at least. 

It's odd that it only effects him when hitting righthanders.  His OPS vs lefties is well over 1.000.   I hope that the problem can be fixed and he have a successful rest of his career.  Wasn't Roberts effected by vertigo too in addition to the concussion?

1 hour ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

It's odd that it only effects him when hitting righthanders.  His OPS vs lefties is well over 1.000.   I hope that the problem can be fixed and he have a successful rest of his career.  Wasn't Roberts effected by vertigo too in addition to the concussion?

Its not odd because in all probability it just started recently. Having had issues with Vertigo myself on and off for last 25 years, I can attest that you will not be able do  to physically demanding tasks, menial tasks if you take your time  are OK, But MLB baseball no. Heat and Motion (in my experience) make it worse. Not trying to call anybody but comments like Potholes(And my friends telling me well you always were kinda dizzy in attempt to be funny) should be held in check For me this a condition that should you go through before you comment on it, There's nothing funny about it and I wish him the best

Edited by Safelykept
aa