Friday June 16: an afternoon at Wrigley Field

SteveA

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Cost is relative.

If I have a lot more of something than I need it isn't "expensive" for me to give some of it up.

In a vacuum, sure. If we can hold on to the things we need and only give up what don't need and in return get back other stuff we need, let's make a deal!

Just now, Dunk35 said:

Tony feet first slid and it hit his glove. Picked it up and threw to second. Easily thrown out. Degree of difficulty to catch...5/10?

Runner was in a very difficult spot.  Had to be at least halfway but it was very likely to be caught.  So when if landed and did not roll far away at all.  It was close to Santander and he snatched it up fast and threw a perfect strike to second.  

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Wasn't going for original, much like your taste in music.

My taste is just fine.

The notion that there's this weirdly interesting, consistently under-produced and not-mainstream music is somehow transcendent because not a lot of people appreciate it is the definition of elitist and a snob.

Which I know you embrace.  

Michael Fulmer -- the top prospect who was the key player going to Detroit in the trade that sent Yeonis Cespedes to the Mets.

I'm actually kind of surprised to see that he has 12.0 career WAR.   Didn't think it would be that high, I recall a couple promising years as a youngster in the Tiger rotation and then nothing.   Guess he's become a useful reliever.

1 minute ago, Moose Milligan said:

My taste is just fine.

The notion that there's this weirdly interesting, consistently under-produced and not-mainstream music is somehow transcendent because not a lot of people appreciate it is the definition of elitist and a snob.

Which I know you embrace.  

You want to listen to a no well known musician that will make you "smarter" for knowing?  This is my favorite.  Lots of clips and videos of her and her group online.  I saw them four times live.  Just awesome.  This is about ten years ago I think.