Perez appreciation thread

Spakman

I know this is a rant thread but I wouldn't be opposed to making a move. I guess I still have some hope that he can turn things around. If we can get even 1-2 months of last year's level of performance it would be worth it. For now he can take Voth's spot as the last guy on the roster for garbage time, and start moving Akin up in leverage.

8 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I know this is a rant thread but I wouldn't be opposed to making a move. I guess I still have some hope that he can turn things around. If we can get even 1-2 months of last year's level of performance it would be worth it. For now he can take Voth's spot as the last guy on the roster for garbage time, and start moving Akin up in leverage.

I’d send him down or do the wink wink DL approach to try to get him back on track. 

14 hours ago, Spakman said:

Gonna be sent down if possible or DFA’d

You shouldn’t give a thread a misleading title like this.   I saw it and thought Perez had been DFA.   And usually our appreciation threads are done to give posters a chance to remember the good contributions that player once made to the team, not to argue that the player should be released when he hasn’t been.  Perez’s future is worthy of discussion, but this isn’t the way to get people to look at the thread IMO.

• Thanks 1

Vespi can come back on the 20th so that seems like the logical move in a few days.   His K rate is under 6 and he has 14 walks to 16 strikeouts in 24 innings.  If your not striking guys out you can’t put them on base with walks because no matter how good you are contact finds holes at times.  He is also a guy effected by shift rule as a ground ball guy.  

15 hours ago, dtk9119 said:

I said in the game thread it's like DL Hall is no longer in this organization. Can he be any worse than Perez right now?

DL Hall is still having control issues in AAA, and he shouldn't even be in the conversation for MLB time until he figures a few things out.

Year to date in AAA: 4.57 ERA in 41.1 IP, 11.3 SO/9 but against a 5.7 BB/9.  1.476 WHIP.

He's still got a lot of thrower-to-pitcher conversion to do before he takes the mound regularly for the O's. 

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I’d send him down or do the wink wink DL approach to try to get him back on track. 

Most pitchers have soreness of some kind of another that they are constantly pitching through (see Givens). I think that would be a good solution to get him one last chance. 

4 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

If they send Perez down, he will be exposed to waivers. That's probably why they're hesitant to make a move with him.

Perez has no options. Why not try returning him to the role he and Baker were good at last year after Lopez trade??? Why did Cano hot ST override his career stats and demote guys from setup role? Sigbot wouldn't do that IMO, just Hyde wanted a shiny new toy.

2 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Sigbot wouldn't do that IMO, just Hyde wanted a shiny new toy.

In a bad day where we lost, I just wanted to take a moment and be amused at that fact use the name Sigbot LOL. 

I needed a good laugh and for some odd reason that did it. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...