Sunday, June 18: Orioles vs Cubs (televised exclusively on Peacock)

SteveA

4 minutes ago, forphase1 said:

First, this having to listen and not watch the game after paying for MLB.tv is ridiculous.  Second,  was that a good send?  Radio didn't make it very clear if Hays should have gone or not. 

The ball was shallow and I thought he was going to be thrown out with any kind of a decent throw, but with 2 out on the catch I think a runner on third is sent there much of the time.

Edited by FlaO'sFan

3 minutes ago, FlaO'sFan said:

The ball was shallow and I thought he was going to be thrown out with any kind of a decent throw, but with 2 out on the catch I think a runner on third is sent there much of the time.

Yeah, that's where I am.   With 1 out after the catch it's an awful send.   With two outs...borderline.   Even IFyou have a guy with a .400 OBP on deck, there's a 60% chance the next batter will get out.

So if you think a guy has a > 40% chance to make it, you probably should send him (I realize that's not entirely true because of the possibility of not sending him maybe leading to more than just that one run).   But bottom line, you probably send a guy at 50/50 there.

• Upvote 1