Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

What would the justification be to put Mountcastle on the IR?

They can just demote him.

I could see a similar scenario with Mullins where Mountcastle needs to get his head right and learn to change his approach. Then he comes back either later in the year or next year to reclaim his rightful place.

2 minutes ago, Explosivo said:

I could see a similar scenario with Mullins where Mountcastle needs to get his head right and learn to change his approach. Then he comes back either later in the year or next year to reclaim his rightful place.

Rightful place?  What is he, a king?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, yark14 said:

You realize that Hyde has no problem platooning righty-lefty matchups even though the beneficiary has an OPS south of 700 and the player being benched has a much higher OPS?

That does not appear to be a good decision. Is it one that you agree with?

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

That does not appear to be a good decision. Is it one that you agree with?

I do, when you have a number of options why would you not choose to put your best players in the best statistical probability to succeed?

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he's still suffering from vertigo than it's pretty inexcusable if they are letting him play.

I think that since he is already down there on rehab, and not performing and they have someone in the majors that is performing it's an easy call to keep him down until he gets straightened out.  (that being said O'Hearn has cooled off considerably the last week).

JRod stole one from him today.  That must have been painful for him. 

9 minutes ago, crawjo said:

It's kind of funny watching people bitch about the roster moves being made. Elias is easily the best GM in my lifetime of rooting for the Orioles, which goes back to the mid-1980s. Almost every player this guy drafts turns into a real prospect. In my lifetime this organization has never been so loaded with positional talent. It's insane. 

Completely agree. It's fun to speculate but we also should bask in the greatness of Elias and know whatever is decided, it's the best move possible. From Gibson to Frazier to Hicks to O'Hearn to...whatever else may befall. Can we really be critical?

We shall see.  The general expectation here seems to be that Westburg will replace Frazier and will be a key contributor immediately in the middle of a playoff race. 
I have seen rookies have LONG adjustments before .. hopefully he will adjust quickly.