Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

25 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

Half over. Unless there's a Cowser tweet coming up next!

At that point we might be done with national nightmares. Until next year's Holliday and Mayo debates. 

Not to mention Kjerstad.  The second guessing of when these guys will get called up is never going to end.  

I think Westburg is a unique case though.  714 PA in AAA is a LOT for a guy sporting an .899 OPS at that level.   He really did wait an extraordinarily long time.  Cowser has almost 500 fewer PA in AAA he’s spent a year less in the system.  

Just now, Frobby said:

Not to mention Kjerstad.  The second guessing of when these guys will get called up is never going to end.  

I think Westburg is a unique case though.  714 PA in AAA is a LOT for a guy sporting an .899 OPS at that level.   He really did wait an extraordinarily long time.  Cowser has almost 500 fewer PA in AAA he’s spent a year less in the system.  

Yeah, it's terrible wanting to see players get called up when they deserve it. Especially when that player could replace either one of the two least productive players on the field. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

LHPs on both Monday and Tuesday. Could we see Ortiz and Westburg in the lineup together with McKenna going down?

Mullins Cf

Rutschman C

Santander DH

Hays LF

Hicks RF

Westburg 2B

Gunnar 3B

Ortiz SS

Urias 1B

DFAing Frazier today and seeing this lineup tomorrow would make me very happy.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

LHPs on both Monday and Tuesday. Could we see Ortiz and Westburg in the lineup together with McKenna going down?

Mullins Cf

Rutschman C

Santander DH

Hays LF

Hicks RF

Westburg 2B

Gunnar 3B

Ortiz SS

Urias 1B

I don't see Ortiz hitting in front of Urias. And I to be honest I am not sure I see Westburg hitting in front of Gunnar despite it being a LH starting pitcher. And if we want to be all the way realistic, I don't see Mateo displaced from the line up by Ortiz.

• Upvote 1

I suspect part of this is could be about Henderson at SS more.  Mateo to bench.  Westburg subs for  Frazier against LHP, plays 3B against righties, Urias plays 1B against RHP or vice versa.   Urias and Mateo become more spot starters. Ortiz needs PT at SS and AB’s probably benefits from a few more reps in AAA. 

Also likely means Mountcastle could be down for awhile or traded.