Orioles calling up Westburg.

Brian88

6 minutes ago, maybenxtyr said:

Yeah, it's terrible wanting to see players get called up when they deserve it. Especially when that player could replace either one of the two least productive players on the field. 

I’m not arguing against it, I’m just stating a fact.  So long as we have good players in the minors, there are going to be people wanting them called up sooner.  

1 minute ago, Bemorewins said:

I don't see Ortiz hitting in front of Urias. And I to be honest I am not sure I see Westburg hitting in front of Gunnar despite it being a LH starting pitcher. And if we want to be all the way realistic, I don't see Mateo displaced from the line up by Ortiz.

If Ortiz can't get in the lineup tomorrow he really does need to go down. But it feels like they have been holding Joey on the active roster for a reason and we have two LHP coming up. 

4 minutes ago, Pat Kelly said:

I suspect part of this is could be about Henderson at SS more.  Mateo to bench.  Westburg subs for  Frazier against LHP, plays 3B against righties, Urias plays 1B against RHP or vice versa.   Urias and Mateo become more spot starters. Ortiz needs PT at SS and AB’s probably benefits from a few more reps in AAA. 

Also likely means Mountcastle could be down for awhile or traded. 

Move made we wonder about Mountcastle’s health also. 

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Move made we wonder about Mountcastle’s health also. 

If he's still suffering from vertigo than it's pretty inexcusable if they are letting him play.

I think that since he is already down there on rehab, and not performing and they have someone in the majors that is performing it's an easy call to keep him down until he gets straightened out.  (that being said O'Hearn has cooled off considerably the last week).

8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he's still suffering from vertigo than it's pretty inexcusable if they are letting him play.

I think that since he is already down there on rehab, and not performing and they have someone in the majors that is performing it's an easy call to keep him down until he gets straightened out.  (that being said O'Hearn has cooled off considerably the last week).

Good point. I should have said being ready to perform.