If Elias trades for two more relievers, which two would you replace?

Greg Pappas

With two upgrades incoming, which two relievers would you choose to replace?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. With two upgrades incoming, which two relievers would you choose to replace?

I’m not able to see who reacted to that post. @Tony-OH I’m also unable to react to any posts or edit my own for typos. Do I need to do something for that ability to be restored?

As for the laughing at the Fuji comment - slotting him into late inning high leverage situations is why they acquired him. He is in fact that power righty to supplement Cano. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I’m not able to see who reacted to that post. @Tony-OH I’m also unable to react to any posts or edit my own for typos. Do I need to do something for that ability to be restored?

As for the laughing at the Fuji comment - slotting him into late inning high leverage situations is why they acquired him. He is in fact that power righty to supplement Cano. 

You're over the 500 post limit and need to upgrade your account to a Plus membership.

9 hours ago, Jagwar said:

I wonder if there is a video side-by-side of his arm angles and pitches from earlier in the year to today. He just doesn't seem to be getting the same movement on his pitches. 

Ben pointed it out and they showed a side by side.  He’s fatigued, lower, and not getting the same movement.  Ticking time bomb IMO. I think a rest/breather could pay dividends.  They rode him hard. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, emmett16 said:

Ben pointed it out and they showed a side by side.  He’s fatigued, lower, and not getting the same movement.  Ticking time bomb IMO. I think a rest/breather could pay dividends.  They rode him hard. 

The question is do you put him on the IL and lose him for 15 days or just force Hyde to show some restraint and curtail his usage over the next week or so? 

Sure every game is important but you have to see that right now he's not the best option out there in the eighth.  Give him some two days off one day on appearances over the next week to ten days and see how he looks.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

The question is do you put him on the IL and lose him for 15 days or just force Hyde to show some restraint and curtail his usage over the next week or so? 

Sure every game is important but you have to see that right now he's not the best option out there in the eighth.  Give him some two days off one day on appearances over the next week to ten days and see how he looks.

I think you trade for 2 reliable relievers and use Cano less. 

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

The concerning thing is that despite hitting the wall, he’s at least arguably still the best option out there in the 8th. Which is not say he’s who you want out there on a contending team at this point, but…who’s the better option?

They just unironically used Shintaro Fujinami in the 8th inning of a 2-run game in the *biggest series of the year (so far)* They are grasping for straws at this point.

Edited by e16bball
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

The concerning thing is that despite hitting the wall, he’s at least arguably still the best option out there in the 8th. Which is not say he’s who you want out there on a contending team at this point, but…who’s the better option?

They just unironically used Shintaro Fujinami in the 8th inning of a 2-run game in the *biggest series of the year (so far)* They are grasping for straws at this point.

80 use of unironically!

3 minutes ago, e16bball said:

Still a lot of games left. You need to see if you can trust him in big situations against the best teams. Bautista and Cano are not going to be able to pitch in every game 

1 minute ago, Three Run Homer said:

I don't think they need to get two more guys for the bullpen.  They needed two guys; Fujinami is one,  and now they need to get a good closer from a bad team and give him the 8th inning.   

I'm not sold on Fujinami.  Anyone that had an issue with Hall should have issues with Fujinami.  (Not saying you fall in that group).  He's never been able to maintain adequate command of his pitches.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm not sold on Fujinami.  Anyone that had an issue with Hall should have issues with Fujinami.  (Not saying you fall in that group).  He's never been able to maintain adequate command of his pitches.

Fair enough, I think the jury is still out on Fujinami.  But if he's deemed to be suspect then he can be replaced by someone else.