Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

1 minute ago, RVAOsFan said:

They made multiple defensive changes but I did think Westburg would be considered the better defender 

The more I think about it, the more I think Westberg might be the chip they use if they make a big move. They have plenty of MI depth, both short term and long term. 

Just now, HakunaSakata said:

The more I think about it, the more I think Westberg might be the chip they use if they make a big move. They have plenty of MI depth, both short term and long term. 

I can't think of any pitcher out there on the block that's worth trading Westburg for, unless it's a Snell/Hader package.

3 minutes ago, dystopia said:

I can't think of any pitcher out there on the block that's worth trading Westburg for, unless it's a Snell/Hader package.

It’s not worth trading for rentals…but if Woo or Miller are available, I think you really consider that one.

10 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

How much salary would the Mets be willing to eat for Westburg?  He’s MLB ready obviously, so they could view that as saving money on a bat they’d have to buy in FA. 

Not much. The Mets expect a bigger return for Verlander and aren't willing to eat as much money.

Just offer DET Irvin, Stowers, Prieto for ERod. Who offers more than that? He will opt out and they get no compensation. We might be a good fit for him with a good young team ready for playoff run. None of them have a future in BAL We should feel comfortable with ERod, GRod, Bradish backed by Kremer, Gibson with Wells and possibly Means in the BP. Solves all our current needs W/O any real prospect loss. His salary if he stays is covered by losing Gibson-Frazier.

4 minutes ago, AnythingO's said:

Just offer DET Irvin, Stowers, Prieto for ERod. Who offers more than that? He will opt out and they get no compensation. We might be a good fit for him with a good young team ready for playoff run. None of them have a future in BAL We should feel comfortable with ERod, GRod, Bradish backed by Kremer, Gibson with Wells and possibly Means in the BP. Solves all our current needs W/O any real prospect loss. His salary if he stays is covered by losing Gibson-Frazier.

Don't like the idea of paying for E-Rod's sub 3.00 ERA when it's more likely to be 4.00 going forward. I'd rather see them go big or target a cheaper version of E-Rod.