Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

2 minutes ago, clapdiddy said:

3 to 4 high leverage guys?   I think adding Wells to the bullpen and getting one more quality BP arm should suffice.

He said you need 4 ….. Mountain, Cano, ….said Fuji looked good the last few after settling in ….sorry I don’t types as fast as they talk.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roll Tide said:

Sorry , he mentioned another name ….Castillo? 

Yes …said they needed infielders. 

Not Castillo for sure..Woo or Miller?

I wouldn’t move Ortiz for either ERod or Lorenzen. They can have Mateo.

Edited by Sports Guy
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Also why would the Orioles want Tim Anderson he's been in decline the past two seasons and has a -1.3 WAR this year. The Orioles have multiple better options to play 2B. 

Exactly, Westburg at 2B is way better and we'd be giving up all of those years of control for a guy whose a FA (Why would I want to pick up the team option!).  SS, the position where he's plays is already manned by a way better player in Gunnar with FA till 2029.  Luis Roberts Jr. is a nice player no doubt, though it looks like they platoon him quite a bit (still a good player though but it's not the biggest  need for us that's pitching.)  And you have Dylan Cease, who has had one elite season in his career.  Other than that he's like a #3 starter, maybe a little more one year but that's about it.  That's still valuable and I'd like the to have him on the team.  But I'm not trading Gunnar, Holiday (#1 prospect!), Westburg and Cowser (all at cost controlled) for that package.

Edited by O's84

6 minutes ago, jrobb21613 said:

I know we have Gibson but i would still like to see us add a veteran pitcher whose been in a pennant race, pitched in the playoffs that could lead this young staff. Verlander I know checks those boxes but who else does that could be available?

Eduardo Rodriguez and Jack Flaherty. 

40 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

Career ERA+

Cease - 116

Flaherty - 114

I'm curious, when you look at their statcast pages, do you seem similar pitchers? Because I sure don't. 

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/jack-flaherty-656427?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/dylan-cease-656302?stats=statcast-r-pitching-mlb