Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

Just now, ThisIsBirdland said:

Having trouble linking to these tweets.

Morosi seems to be firmly linking us to Verlander IMO.

If we give up anything of value for Verlander it's going to be because Cohen pays virtually all of the salary. He's said he would pay 50 million dollars for a good prospect, the man has more money than sense.

2 minutes ago, Os4days said:

Someone want to wakeup Elias from his nap?

He’s not napping. I think he sent offers to these teams and said if you can’t beat it call me. We need help for sure but it’s still not panic time. May be underwhelming like a Rich Hill or Ryan Yarborough.

Some of these teams will have to live with not improving their team either by holding out for top prospects. I would have been upset sending Kjerstad for Civale.

3 minutes ago, interloper said:

If the Mets want to eat the entirety of Verlander's 2024 salary and half of his remaining 2023 salary, sure, anything is possible. Lol. 

With that in mind.. Gunner and Westburg out of the lineup, I think Rich Hill is coming our way. 

Edited by Fan4Life

If Westburg were a FA this offseason what type of 6 year deal would he land?  Would that justify the Mets covering a large portion of Verlander’s future salary?  

2023 - prorated portion of $43 million

2024 - $43 million

2025 $35 million if 140 IP in 2024. 

We have the prospects to land Verlander, but we’d need the Mets to give us basically $100 million in cash. 

3 minutes ago, Malike said:

If we give up anything of value for Verlander it's going to be because Cohen pays virtually all of the salary. He's said he would pay 50 million dollars for a good prospect, the man has more money than sense.

They also said they value Verlander differently than Scherzer and won't be contributing as much $$$... so for me, if that is true, that's already a deal breaker. 

Edited by Fan4Life

1 minute ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

Having trouble linking to these tweets.

Morosi seems to be firmly linking us to Verlander IMO.

Just highlight the link, then paste them into the post. Allow a few second for the tweet to appear, then submit. If you see a white color background like that, paste in plain text, then do the same wait.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Malike said:

Exactly.  It'd probably take the Mets eating 80 - 90% of Verlander's remaining salary on the next 1.5 seasons for our front office to really strongly be considering it.  And that's a crazy amount to pay for the return.