Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

24 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

What is this about?

Rosenthal is saying that the whole league is curious what the Orioles will do. He also says that veterans on the team think that the young guys on the team would "shrug" if no move was made because they are confident and believe in themselves.  

3 minutes ago, baltfan said:

Rosenthal is saying that the whole league is curious what the Orioles will do. He also says that veterans on the team think that the young guys on the team would "shrug" if no move was made because they are confident and believe in themselves.  

I do appreciate their confidence.   But, I would love to see AT LEAST another strong bullpen arm added.

22 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

What is this about?

I mischaracterized it a little bit; made my post based on memory. Here's the actual quote:

The entire industry is waiting to see how Orioles general manager Mike Elias will reinforce his upstart club, which has both the best record in the AL and one of the best farm systems in the sport.

4 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

I mischaracterized it a little bit; made my post based on memory. Here's the actual quote:

The entire industry is waiting to see how Orioles general manager Mike Elias will reinforce his upstart club, which has both the best record in the AL and one of the best farm systems in the sport.

The second part of what Rosenthal said:

The failure by Elias to make a significant move likely would draw criticism, but not necessarily in his own clubhouse. The Orioles are so young and confident, some of the older heads around the team believe the players would react to a quiet deadline with a shrug.

13 minutes ago, baltfan said:

What “veterans” do we really have? Frazier, Gibson, McCann, Hicks and who else?

Hays, Mullins, not Santander have played in a “big game” with any kind of postseason implications in their collective careers.

This is why whoever we acquire, I hope that they have some big game/postseason experience.

Just now, OakOrioles said:

Os in on Verlander. Elias and Lunhow acquired him with the Astros, wonder what they’d have to give up. 

Would you give up Westburg/Heston?

God no. I’m not trading anyone on the active roster (out of the young guys), HK, Mayo, Ortiz, Holliday or Basallo.

Why people want to give these highly rated guys up for these guys is beyond me. They just aren’t that good.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, ThisIsBirdland said:

True, but he's not the only one linking more teams than Houston/LA to Verlander.

Rosenthal just posted his update for The Athletic this morning:

- O's on the periphery of talks with the Mets regarding Verlander (listed after Houston/LAD)

- Thought to be linked to Lorenzen, but their exact pitching targets are unclear

- MLB watching the Orioles with considerable interest

- Tigers likely holding out until the last minute for best and final offers on their pitchers

This guy is on crack lol … proposes GRod, Kjerstad AND Cowser for Verlander lololol

https://risingapple.com/posts/ny-mets-rumors-justin-verlander-trade-orioles-demands