Orioles related trade rumors and speculation leading up to the deadline

Roll Tide

I personally know folks got mad at Adam Jones for blowing bubbles while "trying" to catch balls when in a big game against the Yankees late in the game Jones was blowing a bubble and let a ball hit his glove and he dropped it.  He then came in to the dugout and threw the gum away in anger.  Its on film.  Someone actually posted it on youtube.  You can google adam jones and dropping the ball and you can watch it yourself.

Also Jones never seemed to blow bubbles and make catches after this event.  

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Yes:  10 years in the majors, 5+ years with the current team.   Then a player has a right to veto any trade, as Adam Jones did.   

But you're saying Verlander/ERod didn't get the no-trade clause through that and they negotiated them into their contracts? I don't really follow the financial/contractual side of baseball so I'm pretty ignorant about it all.

1 minute ago, Alasdaire said:

But you're saying Verlander/ERod didn't get the no-trade clause through that and they negotiated them into their contracts? I don't really follow the financial/contractual side of baseball so I'm pretty ignorant about it all.

Yes.

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Right, 10/5 is a full no trade clause.

Evidently ERod negotiated for a 10 team list.

2 minutes ago, Alasdaire said:

Yes.  EdRod obviously hasn't been with Detroit 5 years.   It was part of his free agent contract there he signed in the 2021/2022 offseason.

Really hope the O's are kicking the tires on ERod unless there's something disqualifying about his makeup/contract. He's arguably the best short-term and long-term solution at starting pitcher and he wants to be here/is kinda sorta homegrown. If you can get that at a below-market value, I'm not sure what else you're looking for in a trade.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Pickles said:

Yes.

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Right, 10/5 is a full no trade clause.

Evidently ERod negotiated for a 10 team list.

Just now, SteveA said:

Yes.  EdRod obviously hasn't been with Detroit 5 years.   It was part of his free agent contract there he signed in the 2021/2022 offseason.

Gracias.

3 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

I personally know folks got mad at Adam Jones for blowing bubbles while "trying" to catch balls when in a big game against the Yankees late in the game Jones was blowing a bubble and let a ball hit his glove and he dropped it.  He then came in to the dugout and threw the gum away in anger.  Its on film.  Someone actually posted it on youtube.  You can google adam jones and dropping the ball and you can watch it yourself.

Also Jones never seemed to blow bubbles and make catches after this event.  

Jones dropped two flyballs blowing bubbles against the Yankees. One of them was in the playoffs in 2012. Both were in big moments of the game.