UNC UMD Thread

Floater

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure it's that simple, but I catch your drift. Are these wide open 3s or contested?

The Terps have scored 85 points on UNC's home court, and are still down 20. :eek:

Generally contested from what I've seen.

This is probably the most impressive I've seen this team play. They are playing very well, and haven't given up late even though the game is over.

Carolina is just absolutely lights-out. Like I said, the Wizards wouldn't beat them tonight.

Generally contested from what I've seen.

This is probably the most impressive I've seen this team play. They are playing very well, and haven't given up late even though the game is over.

Carolina is just absolutely lights-out. Like I said, the Wizards wouldn't beat them tonight.

Because the Wizards are terrible. :laughlol:

Pick your poison. Play the passing lanes and sag inside or defend the perimeter. Can't do both. Good game plan but UNC's just too strong.

Hate to see Lawson in Carolina blue, he should have been playing for the Terps. Can't remember the last time a Md team shot over 50% and lost by 20.

Because the Wizards are terrible. :laughlol:
That's not saying much. The Wizards can't beat anyone.

Still, the worst NBA team will beat the best college team any time they play unless something insane happens...like the college team shooting 70% from behind the arc.

Actually, check that...they finished at 64%. Still amazing.

Granted we may have lost by 17 points, but the three point baskets were clearly the difference. There were a lot of positives from tonight, especially points in the paint and the emergence of Cliff Tucker. I think we stand a legitimate shot against UNC at Comcast. Hopefully we can keep up the increased morale since the BC loss/GW debacle. This team seems to be playing better as compared to 2 weeks ago.

Gotta say, Maryland actually impressed me tonight.

Carolina was out of their freaking minds, and it really didn't break them. Nobody was beating the Heels the way they were shooting it tonight, and while I will say they got more open looks than I think some here are admitting, a good amount were contested.

I still think Maryland has the talent to at least make a push for an NCAA berth. If they play like they did tonight, they beat most teams.

Yup! Cliff Tucker needs to be in there over Hayes.

Gary must really like Hayes.

Mosley needs to start over Hayes, Gary made the right call there, but Hayes should still be playing more than Tucker.

Tucker played outstanding tonight, don't get me wrong, but he's still gotta do it more than once. As Gminski said tonight though, he's certainly earned himself some more minutes and the opportunity to pass Hayes on the depth chart if he continues playing well.

I think we just have too many similar players though. Tucker, Mosley, Bowie, Vasquez, and Hayes are all very similar, and really only 2, maybe 3, of them can play at once. They are a very solid group of guards, especially if Tucker can play like this more consistently, but there are only so many minutes that can go to guards.

I gotta say the guy I was really happy to see play pretty well, albeit in limited minutes, was Braxton Dupree. He actually played with a little bit of fire, something I haven't seen from him all year. He's still gotta do a lot of work to earn an invite back to the team for next year, right now he's still someone they'll likely force out and rightfully so, but he at least showed a little bit tonight fighting inside. Hopefully he can show more over the remainder of the season, or he's gonna be playing at Loyola for the rest of his career.

I still think Maryland has the talent to at least make a push for an NCAA berth. If they play like they did tonight, they beat most teams.
I think they can start playing like a team that deserves to be in the NCAA tournament down the stretch.

However, I don't think they can do enough to overcome the huge hole they put themselves in with the Morgan St, Miami, Florida St, and perhaps BC losses (or at least all of them combined, needed to win against Morgan and at least 2 of those ACC games).

Archived