Elias press conference notes

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My favorite part of the interview:

“I think anything I say here is going to be the sort of Pablum that you get from any baseball general manager,” Elias replied. 

Haha. I had to look that word up, because I had no idea what it meant.

It's that Yale education coming through lol

Edited by Matt S

38 minutes ago, Fan4Life said:

I want Verlander..

Here’s the Rub …it would probably take something like 1/2 of the 21.5 for this year and probably $23 to $27 million of the $43 for next year. So they’d be looking for value plus $35.75 million in surplus trade value . My guess is that cost you what they perceive is 4.5 WAR in value plus. I’m think they’d want 4-5 of our prospects plus 3 really good ones minimum.

I don’t see it happening 

25 minutes ago, Billy F-Face3 said:

Good idea. Let's add Kate Upton-Verlander to the wives roster. 

He's scheduled to start against Gibson a week from tomorrow. Would love to move Gibson to Sunday. He wouldn't even have to relocate.. ha!

Just now, Roll Tide said:

Here’s the Rub …it would probably take something like 1/2 of the 21.5 for this year and probably $23 to $27 million of the $43 for next year. So they’d be looking for value plus $35.75 million in surplus trade value . My guess is that cost you what they perceive is 4.5 WAR in value plus. I’m think they’d want 4-5 of our prospects plus 3 really good ones minimum.

I don’t see it happening 

Yeah, I don't either..  

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

My favorite part of the interview:

“I think anything I say here is going to be the sort of Pablum that you get from any baseball general manager,” Elias replied. 

Well, at least he's honest.