Orioles interested in Dylan Carlson?

Sports Guy

1 hour ago, Sports Guy said:

Did he get into the top 10? I thought he did and tried to find something but couldn’t find anything  over 17.

Yeah he made it to 9 for Baseball America. Also his grades were plus across the board 55 or higher in everything.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oriole said:

Cowser is the CF of the future, is he not? At least until Bradfield makes it up. So unless Cowser is a trade chip then interest in Carlson seems weird. Elias never does what we all expect him to do though. So we’ll probably see him trade away pitching for a SS.

I think I trust Frazier at 2B more than I trust Cowser in CF.  He's looked atrocious and defense is not really something that you get reps on at the ML level and hope you make adjustments like you do with hitting.

2 minutes ago, owknows said:

Dylan Carlson?   the guy with the .673 OPS in 200 AB's? That Dylan Carlson?

Yes, and that's how terrible Brett Phillips is. Carlson is a former top prospect who can defend and get you some hits. Brett Phillips has a .327 OPS. He doesn't deserve to wear a ML uniform. 

6 minutes ago, interloper said:

Yes, and that's how terrible Brett Phillips is. Carlson is a former top prospect who can defend and get you some hits. Brett Phillips has a .327 OPS. He doesn't deserve to wear a ML uniform. 

Brett Phillips sucks.  He's a career .617 OPS

Carlson has a .673 OPS

Neither is very good.

That was the tongue-in-cheek point.

You may feel free to pretend otherwise if that suits you.

50 minutes ago, owknows said:

Brett Phillips sucks.  He's a career .617 OPS

Carlson has a .673 OPS

Neither is very good.

That was the tongue-in-cheek point.

You may feel free to pretend otherwise if that suits you.

I don't have to pretend. The numbers speak. Carlson is only 24 years old. The projection alone would make it a smart trade. He'd be a nice bench piece. Switch-hitter. Has a chance to be a good young hitter. The fact that you are comparing a 24 year old to a 29-year old Brett Phillips tells me that we would agree to disagree.

Edited by interloper

56 minutes ago, interloper said:

I don't have to pretend. The numbers speak. Carlson is only 24 years old. The projection alone would make it a smart trade. He'd be a nice bench piece. Switch-hitter. Has a chance to be a good young hitter. The fact that you are comparing a 24 year old to a 29-year old Brett Phillips tells me that we would agree to disagree.

Yes. A .673 OPS speaks volumes.

6 hours ago, oriole said:

Cowser is the CF of the future, is he not? At least until Bradfield makes it up. So unless Cowser is a trade chip then interest in Carlson seems weird. Elias never does what we all expect him to do though. So we’ll probably see him trade away pitching for a SS.

No, he's a corner outfielder of the future here or somewhere else.

• Upvote 1