Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

3 minutes ago, Pickles said:

They're just run like crap.  In totality.

I don't want to offend anyone, because I know many posters here, including some of the best, are lawyers, but the Angelos have always ran the team as if everything was a litigation.  That's not how the best businesses are ran.

Not sure it’s the right word for it but sad is one I would use. An owner is in a unique position to impact the community not just with the success of the team. 

Hard to root and spend money and support people like him. Fans have no say in who owns a team though. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Gurgi said:

Peter Angelos ran everything like a Lawyer.   All that Abestos and Tobacco money was never to help people it was a way to get mass loot.

I also think their is a Napeoleonic complex thing going on with all the Angelos males.  I think they feel small so they take every chance they get to show their power.  

I'm not a mature man.  I'm not a good man.  I'm not an honorable man.

But this is so pathetically petty and small I can't believe a grown man did something like this.

4 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

So this is the clip: 

It goes a lot further than the original quote. Still a stupid decision by JA obviously, but I can kinda squint and see why he didn't like this one.

But Kevin Brown didn't make the graphic. He's just reading what the producers gave him. Mayyyyybe someone thought that the "Trop-ical Depression" pun was insensitive to people suffering from actual depression, but again, that's not Brown.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

So this is the clip: 

It goes a lot further than the original quote. Still a stupid decision by JA obviously, but I can kinda squint and see why he didn't like this one.

Forget for a moment whether there is any merit to suspending KB for this (obviously there isn't). Even if there was some absurd rule that an announcer couldn't criticize the Orioles, this wasn't some off the cuff remark--he was literally reading a segment. Did the production staff get suspended too? The producer who wrote the "Trop-ical Depression" header? Absurd all around. 

2 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I would guess it was this graphic in particular that JA didn't like.

image.png.51c92bf73c63eb2489696ca39ec2e2c6.png

IMO, KB was being factually harsh, yes, but he was doing it to highlight just how massive the O's improvement has been. 

Seems like a weird reaction to be able to listen to this and focus on the negative part, which was only done to set the positive part up to be spiked at the net.  🙃

56 minutes ago, Gurgi said:

This is real cringe.  She obviously is tipsy.  Also John lets her do it.  Makes me wonder if they have a "special kind of marriage?"

Anybody know Elias's true height? A quick google search has him at either 5'10 or 6'3, which is VERY different. 

A 6'3 Elias would put John Angelos somewhere like 5'5 with lifts (because you know he would have them) in his shoes based on this pic:

image.png.4ae9a6537eab00cf37b1cd7579f21b2c.png

image.thumb.png.df0e5e1c81e0a5d370aff5550aeb2eb3.png

Maybe Margaret just likes Brach's big hands

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, ledzepp8 said:

Someone just posted the segment (on Twitter) from the game where KB was talking about the O's improved record at the Trop.  I'm sorry but I refused to believe this. He very well may be suspended but I can't buy this is the reason why. It was a produced segment. There was a MASN graphic on screen, of which he was reading. Sorry, not buying it...

This is what I find confusing. Wouldn’t the whole production team be suspended? It was a whole produced segment 

A Barstool account now says Brown will be back "in the near future." 

https://twitter.com/editti22/status/1688636265460027392?s=20

I’ve got an update for Orioles fans… I spoke with a high ranking member of the Orioles and they say Kevin Brown will be back in the near future. You’ll get to hear those golden pipes calling the best team in the AL very soon. Carry on with your day and go Orioles.

Edited by BMann

3 minutes ago, Remember The Alomar said:

Forget for a moment whether there is any merit to suspending KB for this (obviously there isn't). Even if there was some absurd rule that an announcer couldn't criticize the Orioles, this wasn't some off the cuff remark--he was literally reading a segment. Did the production staff get suspended too? The producer who wrote the "Trop-ical Depression" header? Absurd all around. 

Yeah, KB could very well be the scapegoat. Or maybe he was the one who brought up the stat to MASN to make a graphic on. I don't really know how these things work. This is just the first thing I finally came across that I can imagine angering JA to that degree.

7 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I would guess it was this graphic in particular that JA didn't like.

image.png.51c92bf73c63eb2489696ca39ec2e2c6.png

He's literally just reading off the team's recent record at the stadium they were currently visiting.

There's petty, and then there's punishment over this is.  Baffling?  Deluded?

12 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

So this is the clip: 

A coincidence that KB is suspended for comments that mentioned Brad Brach?

Methinks the more to this story is about how much Marg prefers Brach's big hands to John Angelos's tiny hands.