Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I can't believe Angelos is this stupid.  He's bringing far more negative attention on himself than what he perceives was brought upon him by his media people.

Jackasses tend to be dumb and arrogant. If he really suspended Brown for that graphic, then Angelos is a jackass. What did he expect to happen??

2 minutes ago, byrdz said:

Where has Orioles broadcaster Kevin Brown been? Team says he’ll return soon amid reports of a suspension

“We don’t comment on employment decisions, however, Kevin Brown will be back with us in the near future,” the official told The Baltimore Banner.

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/kevin-brown-orioles-broadcaster-suspension-tampa-bay-rays-GPALSNKBXNGETJ4OBDKULCH3YQ/

That sounds about like the best way for this to blow over. Bring him back quietly, say nothing, admit to nothing, and make sure all of the announcers have a gag order on the subject. 

If Kevin Brown is here next year it will be because Angelos personally apologized (fat chance) or he gets a big pay raise. Other than that, who would want to work for an owner like this?

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

McDonald seemed to be covering for the Orioles when he tweeted out somethin about it being a full moon and this was nothing but a scheduling issue. That's kind of jacked up if that's what he was doing. Makes me lose a little respect for him if that's what he was talking about when he knows the actual truth. 

Probably would be hard to work with Kevin Brown after covering ownership over this.

Well Tony technically it was a scheduling issue…..

Brown was no longer scheduled to work.  

• Haha 4

Just now, eddie83 said:

Well Tony technically it was a scheduling issue…..

Brown was no longer scheduled to work.  

When I guess you're right, but still, if McDonald was covering up for Angelos that's pretty jacked up. He now looks foolish with some many sources now telling the truth though.

3 minutes ago, Uli2001 said:

Jackasses tend to be dumb and arrogant. If he really suspended Brown for that graphic, then Angelos is a jackass. What did he expect to happen??

I am starting to think maybe he has a drinking problem after seeing what his wife is getting up to.  He seems to be responding incorrectly to stimuli.  Makes me wonder if he is part buzzing all the time. 

4 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

That sounds about like the best way for this to blow over. Bring him back quietly, say nothing, admit to nothing, and make sure all of the announcers have a gag order on the subject. 

If Kevin Brown is here next year it will be because Angelos personally apologized (fat chance) or he gets a big pay raise. Other than that, who would want to work for an owner like this?

Someone that very much wants to work in the field.

Can he get another gig if he leaves?

Can he afford to leave?

I'm sure he'll be looking for a way out if he does come back but he might have to tough out the season.

15 minutes ago, banks703 said:

ESPN, MLB.com and lots of other National media destroying the O’s for this.

It shouldn’t impact the team but good lord, this is REALLY bad for them. Like, this is the type of blip that could legitimately lead to an undoing. The more media attention, the more anxious I feel about it actually having a negative effect on the team’s performance. 

If this type of thing actually affects the players on the field, then they never had a chance to do anything special in the playoffs anyway. 

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

This is probably what ticks me off the most - this season will be it for KB and the Orioles.  I’m 52 and remember thinking a couple of weeks ago - Kevin Brown very well could call O’s games the rest of my life.  Ha, how naive of me!

Words can’t even express how disappointed I am in John.  The way he has allowed Elias run baseball ops is the opposite of his father.  His incredible insecurity, false promises, and short-temper scream of his father.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pruke said:

This sounds so absurd. If true and some have confirmed I think someone is doing drinky drinky during decision making hours. It is that awful. It’s so illogical for someone in the legal profession.

He’s not in the legal profession. He can’t pass the bar exam. 

• Upvote 1