Kevin Brown absence explained?

Sports Guy

1 minute ago, TonySoprano said:

Well, you passed me in career rep.   Of course, I stopped actively posting in 2019, so that helped you.   The board is better for it as well. 🤣   

Topic on hand, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Not a bit surprised by this.  Every time an Angelos intervenes, it's a disaster.  

Back when Frank Wren was here, John was promoted to executive VP.  https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1999-03-01-9903010003-story.html

On at least one occasion, Wren was trying to conduct business with another club.   John Angelos jumped in on the telephone call and Wren told him to get off the line.  And they want you to believe Wren was fired over Ripken missing a team plane.    

When it came time to negotiate a new site for Spring Training, John bungled the negotiations, so Peter had to step in to complete the deal with Sarasota.  Since MASN was created, Peter put John in charge of it.   How has that worked out?

I do give John credit for seemingly let Elias run things. 

Why'd you stop posting?  Get back in here.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I agree that it most likely will ended with them parting ways and that will be ashamed for the fans for losing a good young play by play broadcaster. Saying that, a big pay raise and a multi-year contract could calm the situation. But o course if that happened, it would show Angelos had to eat crow and he's not going to do that.

It would also cost JA more $$$ when he could just let Arnold and (gulp) Newman call more games on MASN. 

17 hours ago, Going Underground said:

John is not going anywhere. Him and the Governor are working on Camden Crossing. Want federal,state and some private money.Some people have had questionnaires about what they want to see around Camden Yards.Whatever they are planning is top secret even though it involves taxpayer money because when you ask the Orioles or the Governor's office about it ,no comment.

What's this Camden Crossing all about? First I've heard of it.

14 minutes ago, paullwaull said:

What's this Camden Crossing all about? First I've heard of it.

Here is a link and more information in the Update on the lease thread.

Mysterious poll seeks feedback about Camden Yards revitalization project - The Baltimore Banner
https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/politics-power/local-government/camden-crossing-yards-revitalization-NAFYYCI6CFFXFLPKZNNUW6TP3A/

1 hour ago, Otter said:

I doubt JA really comprehends how petty his actions are or how they are being perceived.  JA is probably so insulated by his subordinates, that he doesn't read or know about the reactions.  He also is probably too arrogant and self-absorbed to be capable of self-introspection or to change a bad decision.

This reads word for word like a description of Dan Snyder. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Does anyone think Kevin Brown will do any home games next week?

No, because the O's will be on the west coast for all of next week. Next home game after the Astros series is August 22nd. And yes, I expect (or at least hope) that Kevin will be doing those games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

IMO, there's no doubt. He NEVER wears a hat, and for the first time (that I've noticed, and I watch a shameful amount of O's pre/postgame content) to be on THIS day of all days, following the morning interview with Britt and all of the KB noise, there's no doubt in my mind. 

He’s worn a hat on air several times before, specifically whenever the team wears their city connect jerseys on Friday nights.