Angelos wanted two year lease extension

Going Underground

Gondola to stadium would be nice.Maybe pipe in John Angelos wife country music stars she is the agent for. In the harbor maybe Venice boats with everything singing Oriole sings and the riders all in Oriole gear .Only talk about present Orioe stats,otherwise in the water and not that clean.  Oriole Open Up the Books musuem  

mmunity Architect Daily: Another run for gondola transit in BaltimoreCo
https://communityarchitectdaily.blogspot.com/2016/01/another-run-for-gondola-transit-in.html

9 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Plus he can see how the A's relocation is handled.  I don't care what he says about Fort McHenry ,he finds an out and doesn't like how the MSA negotiations are going, good bye 

He can’t just move the team like they do in the NFL. He has to get the approval of MLB and I just don’t see that happening. He doesn’t have a good relationship with MLB and they will want to keep Nashville as a chip to hold over current MLB cities to extort stadiums etc out of them. They are losing Vegas and they need Nashville for that. 

Plus he can see how the A's relocation is handled.  I don't care what he says about Fort McHenry ,he finds an out and doesn't like how the MSA negotiations are going, good bye 

He can’t just move the team like they do in the NFL. He has to get the approval of MLB and I just don’t see that happening. He doesn’t have a good relationship with MLB and they will want to keep Nashville as a chip to hold over current MLB cities to extort stadiums etc out of them. They are losing Vegas and they need Nashville for that. 

He can’t just move the team like in the NFL. He needs the approval of MLB and I don’t see that happening. He doesn’t have a good relationship with MLB and they need to keep Nashville as a potential relocation City to extort stadiums etc from MLB cities. They are losing Vegas and need Nashville for that purpose. 

Just now, MCO'sFan said:

He can’t just move the team like in the NFL. He needs the approval of MLB and I don’t see that happening. He doesn’t have a good relationship with MLB and they need to keep Nashville as a potential relocation City to extort stadiums etc from MLB cities. They are losing Vegas and need Nashville for that purpose. 

Sorry for the multiple posts. Clearly having browser issues 

• Like 1

I agree and John Angelos actions this year gives everyone the right to not trust anything he says.  However, MLB is allowing Oakland to move because of their bad stadium which the Oakland area just doesn’t seem to want to rectify.  MLB has given them very many years to resolve it.  Tampa is next.  If they don’t do anything about it they are going to move as well.  None of this is the same in Baltimore.  They have a 30 year old stadium which has aged well.  They also have $600 million to improve it.  Nashville is eventually going to get a team but they don’t have a stadium to play in.  If they approved one tomorrow it would take 3 years to build it.  I now don’t trust what Angelos says about not moving but MLB isn’t going to allow it.  MLB isn’t going to approve a move with Peter Angelos incapacitated and being run by John Angelos who doesn’t own anything.  I also think this MASN suit makes JA as popular with most owners in MLB as he is here in Baltimore.  Even the MASN issue is still up in the air.  They settled some of it but it isn’t completely resolved yet.  They want to expand 2 teams after the Tampa situation is resolved.  I suspect Nashville will be on the top of the list to expand if Tampa doesn’t end up moving there first.   It is fair not to trust JA but I trust the this is out of his hands to move the team.  

Harborplace has nothing, zero, zilch to do with the Orioles or filtering people to the stadium. It also has absolutely nothing to do with what Angelos wants to do.  To suggest that the redevelopment of Harborplace would somehow dovetail into what the O's want to do is wild.  Angelos wants to bulldoze and evict all the businesses on the other side of Russell Street off the southwest corner of the stadium for his grand plan. You know, an area actually close to the stadium and not 1/2 mile away. Harborplace is an entirely different deal. And yes, he will want the state to use eminent domain to do it. 

As far as this new information, all you need to know is that this clown wanted a 2 yr extension. If that doesn't send up alarm bells I don't know what will.  I truly believe he wants to move the team, or bilk the city for an amount of money that is crazy to "make up" for the fact he won't be allowed to move (and get double the money from another city)  If the city hasn't caved by this point I doubt they will. Angelos is hoping his connection to the new Gov would give him some favor. So now what? If the goal is to move there is no chance he is signing a 30yr lease. Doing so would be admitting defeat from everything he has been trying to do to line the families pockets even more. Does JA sound like the type of guy to compromise, when it will torpedo his ultimate goal? No chance. 

32 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I agree and John Angelos actions this year gives everyone the right to not trust anything he says.  However, MLB is allowing Oakland to move because of their bad stadium which the Oakland area just doesn’t seem to want to rectify.  MLB has given them very many years to resolve it.  Tampa is next.  If they don’t do anything about it they are going to move as well.  None of this is the same in Baltimore.  They have a 30 year old stadium which has aged well.  They also have $600 million to improve it.  Nashville is eventually going to get a team but they don’t have a stadium to play in.  If they approved one tomorrow it would take 3 years to build it.  I now don’t trust what Angelos says about not moving but MLB isn’t going to allow it.  MLB isn’t going to approve a move with Peter Angelos incapacitated and being run by John Angelos who doesn’t own anything.  I also think this MASN suit makes JA as popular with most owners in MLB as he is here in Baltimore.  Even the MASN issue is still up in the air.  They settled some of it but it isn’t completely resolved yet.  They want to expand 2 teams after the Tampa situation is resolved.  I suspect Nashville will be on the top of the list to expand if Tampa doesn’t end up moving there first.   It is fair not to trust JA but I trust the this is out of his hands to move the team.  

I have posted this about 14 times in the last five years, so I'll be brief (for me, anyway). No team is going anywhere until the Oakland/LV and Tampa situations are resolved, and the Orioles are not going anywhere for at least 20 to 30 years. After the A's and Rays get straightened out, there will be expansion to 32 teams. If Nashville gets an expansion franchise, which right now looks likely, it will go to the group headed by Dave Stewart.

Group led by Dave Stewart preparing bid for potential MLB expansion team in Nashville - ESPN

• Upvote 1

Hot off the presses....

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/orioles-lease-john-angelos-wes-moore-6FNXN3UPRBHZVPSVCE6LDWOY24/

He wants half of the Ravens parking lots and an extra 300m on top of the 600m offered. Sources say there is absolutely no chance that is happening. He hasn't even talked to the Ravens about it, because why would he? I've negotiated with crazy people before and it never ends well. 

Now what? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Hot off the presses....

https://www.thebaltimorebanner.com/sports/orioles-mlb/orioles-lease-john-angelos-wes-moore-6FNXN3UPRBHZVPSVCE6LDWOY24/

He wants half of the Ravens parking lots and an extra 300m on top of the 600m offered. Sources say there is absolutely no chance that is happening. He hasn't even talked to the Ravens about it, because why would he? I've negotiated with crazy people before and it never ends well. 

Now what? 

I've got a suggestion he can try.

AstonishingWaryCatbird-max-1mb.gif

Edited by Can_of_corn
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Same stuff I said last winter. These things aren’t cut and dry and Angelos holds all of the leverage. There will never be a Camden yards community center and amphitheater.  It will always be Oriole park or sold for pennies on the dollar to a developer to be torn down and turned into a mixed use development. They will get a deal done and it will benefit the orioles. 

4 minutes ago, sevastras said:

Same stuff I said last winter. These things aren’t cut and dry and Angelos holds all of the leverage. There will never be a Camden yards community center and amphitheater.  It will always be Oriole park or sold for pennies on the dollar to a developer to be torn down and turned into a mixed use development. They will get a deal done and it will benefit the orioles. 

But he doesn't hold all the leverage.

The Ravens are a bigger deal than the O's and he can't actually move the team.

What's his play if the State doesn't budge? 

• Upvote 1