John Means pitching for Bowie tonight?

ace20251

11 minutes ago, Spy Fox said:

4.1 IP, 1 R, 4 H, 2 K, 2 BB tonight. The run allowed was a solo HR. 

Also, relieving Means was TJ McFarland, who was credited with the W despite giving up 2 R in 1.2 IP. I totally missed that McFarland was back with the organization. 

Signed a MiL contract on July 22

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

72. FB velocity was only 90.8. At Triple-A level he can still get guys out, but probably needs to regain a few MPH to be as effective at the major league level 

I’m not concerned with his velocity. That will come with more outings. That 72 pitches though supports my theory that he could be in line to start next Friday. They’ve increased his pitches each outing. The next tier would be 90-100. I think he could start with Irvin potentially piggybacking him. 

3 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I’m not concerned with his velocity. That will come with more outings. That 72 pitches though supports my theory that he could be in line to start next Friday. They’ve increased his pitches each outing. The next tier would be 90-100. I think he could start with Irvin potentially piggybacking him. 

I'm not concerned with it long term. But if you want him to start on Friday, it needs to be back now. Don't really have time to give him outings at the ML level in a playoff race

4 minutes ago, seak05 said:

I'm not concerned with it long term. But if you want him to start on Friday, it needs to be back now. Don't really have time to give him outings at the ML level in a playoff race

I posted the below after his first start. It’s in this very thread if you go to the first or second page: 

His average velocity on his FB:

2018   90.2

2019   91.9

2020   93.9

2021   92.9

2022   92.3

Again, not concerned with his velo right now. 

Edited by banks703

47 minutes ago, banks703 said:

I posted the below after his first start. It’s in this very thread if you go to the first or second page: 

His average velocity on his FB:

2018   90.2

2019   91.9

2020   93.9

2021   92.9

2022   92.3

Again, not concerned with his velo right now. 

Right, but "velocity will come with more outings" is different than "it's already back to where he was pre-injury". If that is what you're saying.

2 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Right, but "velocity will come with more outings" is different than "it's already back to where he was pre-injury". If that is what you're saying.

That’s not what I’m saying. He was a successful pitcher with the lower velo. I’m confident that he will manage with a mph below where he was prior to the injury. He was sitting 91-93 in his first outing. That’s basically who he was when he found the increased velo in 2020. 

3 minutes ago, banks703 said:

That’s not what I’m saying. He was a successful pitcher with the lower velo. I’m confident that he will manage with a mph below where he was prior to the injury. He was sitting 91-93 in his first outing. That’s basically who he was when he found the increased velo in 2020. 

Do you think he needs more velo or not? That was the implication of "it will come with more outings".