Second half leaders

Frobby

3 minutes ago, btdart20 said:

This team oozes with confidence and competitive spirit.  They don't seem to care who they play; they just love to play the game!  Here's to hoping the Astros taking 2 of 3 raises the bar even more!  They have a great mix of stability/maturity/focus and energy/passion.

In my lifetime I've never been more excited for an O's team and window. The McCanns, Fraziers and Gibsons will surely move on as early as this upcoming offseason, only to be replaced with the Joeys and Meansies. The mix of newcomers (Gunnar, Westburg, Cowser), young guys (Adley, Mountcastle, Kremer, Braddish) young veterans (Ced, Hays, Ant, TWells, Meansy) and older vets (Frazier, O'Hearn, Gibson) is a really good roster diversity top to bottom. Gunnar and Westburg have been almost effusive in their praise of Frazier (and McCann) while the young pitchers have been very complimentary of Gibson's veteran leadership, even though he's made an effort to try to not disrupt things and make it about him and his leadership presence/style. 

15 minutes ago, banks703 said:

LOL

I'm just clarifying your statement of how Frazier has performed worse than what you predicted with the stats that you provided. He's not hitting .266 since the break with one homerun. He's hitting .306 since the break with 3 homeruns. 

That's all, good buddy. 

But apparently, that two home run game doesn't count if it doesn't support a narrative about a guy not being good.  🙂

19 minutes ago, Sanity Check said:

Maybe we can merge them....aren't we trying to get the Frazier thread to 100 pages???

Well, this definitely wasn’t intended as a Frazier thread…

How ‘bout that James McCann .966 OPS?   It really has been refreshing to see him contributing with the bat.  And, his wOBA still trails his xwOBA by 37 points. 

Edited by Frobby

51 minutes ago, banks703 said:

LOL

I'm just clarifying your statement of how Frazier has performed worse than what you predicted with the stats that you provided. He's not hitting .266 since the break with one homerun. He's hitting .306 since the break with 3 homeruns. 

That's all, good buddy. 

Perhaps when clarifying a statement, you should try to read the statement.

The stats I mentioned were if you take away that first 2 HR, 3 hit game. That is what he has done outside of that in the second half.

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Well, this definitely wasn’t intended as a Frazier thread…

How ‘bout that James McCann .966 OPS?   It really has been refreshing to see him contributing with the bat.  And, his wOBA still trails his xwOBA by 37 points. 

Regression to the mean. He’s not some great hitter but he’s not a sub 600 OPS guy either. Never as bad as you look in a cold streak and never as good as you look in a hot streak.

The thing about McCann has been the defense. He has been better than Adley.

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

The stats I mentioned were if you take away that first 2 HR, 3 hit game. That is what he has done outside of that in the second half.

But he did.

If you take away Mountcastle's 9 RBI game he goes from third on the team in RBI to seventh.

He's overperformed in some respects and underperformed in others.

4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

But he did.

If you take away Mountcastle's 9 RBI game he goes from third on the team in RBI to seventh.

He's overperformed in some respects and underperformed in others.

No he didn’t.

And good for Mounty. I’m not talking about him but feel free to start a thread about that if you want.

6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No he didn’t.

And good for Mounty. I’m not talking about him but feel free to start a thread about that if you want.

Start a thread? We’re talking about second half performances. Which includes both Frazier and Mounty. If you want to just harp on Frazier, there are another dozen threads for that already.

6 minutes ago, InsideCoroner said:

Start a thread? We’re talking about second half performances. Which includes both Frazier and Mounty. If you want to just harp on Frazier, there are another dozen threads for that already.

I just pointed out one fact about Frazier’s second half. I didn’t ask everyone else to jump in. If they don’t want this to turn into a Frazier thread, don’t talk about it.  

39 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I read it. I was clarifying that his overall stats were actually pretty good, WITH the game that you want to remove, which is all fine and good if that's how you want to look at what he's done in the second half. I'm not advocating for more Frazier, just the opposite in fact and I'm agreeing with you on that.

How about the reverse side? Instead of taking away those three hits from him, let's give him four hits from one of his 0-4 games. In that case, he would be hitting .352 since the break. Or if we just take away one of his 0-4 games, he would be hitting .313 since the break. 

Just now, banks703 said:

I read it. I was clarifying that his overall stats were actually pretty good, WITH the game that you want to remove, which is all fine and good if that's how you want to look at what he's done in the second half. I'm not advocating for more Frazier, just the opposite in fact and I'm agreeing with you on that.

How about the reverse side? Instead of taking away those three hits from him, let's give him four hits from one of his 0-4 games. In that case, he would be hitting .352 since the break. Or if we just take away one of his 0-4 games, he would be hitting .313 since the break. 

Yea but what he did with that game was known, as it was pointed out in the OP.  Which is why I said “and?” To you, as if you were introducing new info.

I wasn’t disputing what the stat said. Just making the point that it is propped up a lot by 1 game.

And that’s fine, you can do that too if it makes you happen. I really don’t care.