Monday, August 27: White Sox come to town

SteveA

1 minute ago, spiritof66 said:

Woody Guthrie wrote "This Land Is Your Land" just before the U.S. entered WWII as a sort of answer to "God Bless America."

Too bad that people don't know it. 

Yep, I liked it and thought it would be a cool tradition, it just came kinda out of nowhere. If they're going to do that they need to put the lyrics on the Jumbotron.

6 minutes ago, Since1984 said:

Urias is at a minimum above replacement level with his defensive ability. With semi-regular playing time he is an above .710 OPS hitter, IMO

Sure, IF he can hit I like having him on the team.  I'd much rather see him get playing time over Mateo.  But right now he's got a .689 OPS for the season, well below his career number of .731.  That needs to improve if he wants much playing time, and especially if he wants to have any future with the club.

Just now, forphase1 said:

Sure, IF he can hit I like having him on the team.  I'd much rather see him get playing time over Mateo.  But right now he's got a .689 OPS for the season, well below his career number of .731.  That needs to improve if he wants much playing time, and especially if he wants to have any future with the club.

Did you buy your Baltimore City Connect jersey yet? 😂