What do you want to see from John Means tonight?

Jim'sKid26

Adjacent to this, tonight the Blue Jays are bringing back Chad Green (June 2022 tommy john, so like Hyun-Jin Ryu a bit later than Means) to their MLB bullpen.

TOR did the 2-year deal for a hurt pitcher thing, guaranteeing Green 2/8 to rehab, maybe get back now, and be there for them next year.

If BAL-TOR is a 5-game ALWC series, it wouldn't be impossible for Means and Green to each go a few innings.

Relievers last winter, Givens the safe choice for similar money.

7 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

You asked the question…why are they extending him to 5 innings if they aren’t replacing anyone?

I never said they aren’t going to replace anyone. Just saying they don’t need to be in a hurry to do it right now.

I could go either way on this but my current thinking is that it's worth seeing what we have in Means.  Maybe he pitches well and gives us another playoff option and gives some of the young guys a breather (since most of them are brushing against their high watermark in innings for a season.)