Rays series

Sports Guy

12 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Friday night is on AppleTV+ (exclusive, so it won't be on MLBTV).

Thursday night is nationally televised on FoxTV (not exclusive, so it will be on MLBTV plus the vast majority of people in the country can get a Fox station over the airwaves with an antenna).

Well that's brilliant.  They're doing the Adam Jones retirement night on Friday and it won't even be on MASN?  What the hell.  

34 minutes ago, oriolediehard said:

How do the Rays keep winning when they lost their top 3 starters for the year? 

They're experts at finding/building good pitching wherever they need to. They also have an excellent offense this year, 2nd in the AL in OPS and tied for 1st in HRs. 

But yeah, it's impressive and frustrating how they've been able to keep pace despite losing McClanahan and Franco in recent weeks, on top of the early season rotation injuries. 

I just noticed they've trained former Oriole Shawn Armstrong to a 0.81 ERA this year in 44.2 innings. 

1 hour ago, Mooreisbetter27 said:

Well that's brilliant.  They're doing the Adam Jones retirement night on Friday and it won't even be on MASN?  What the hell.  

Maybe the ceremony will be on MASN.  I hope so.   I’d definitely record it and watch when I have the time.   

1 hour ago, Spy Fox said:

They're experts at finding/building good pitching wherever they need to. They also have an excellent offense this year, 2nd in the AL in OPS and tied for 1st in HRs. 

But yeah, it's impressive and frustrating how they've been able to keep pace despite losing McClanahan and Franco in recent weeks, on top of the early season rotation injuries. 

I just noticed they've trained former Oriole Shawn Armstrong to a 0.81 ERA this year in 44.2 innings. 

Even more of a feat than what we've done with Cano.

Funny how the math works out  when you are the Chasee rather than the  Chaser.   Assuming they win tonight, if they lose 3 of 4 to Tampa  they will  still be 2 games ahead  on the lost side.   A good position to be in and shows just how hard it is to  catch a good team  or any team for that matter  when it looks like a small lead.   

3 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

Funny how the math works out  when you are the Chasee rather than the  Chaser.   Assuming they win tonight, if they lose 3 of 4 to Tampa  they will  still be 2 games ahead  on the lost side.   A good position to be in and shows just how hard it is to  catch a good team  or any team for that matter  when it looks like a small lead.   

And own the tie breaker!

3 minutes ago, Oriole1940 said:

I am more than OK with a split in this series.