First Pitch at Postseason Home Game 1

Moshagge3

16 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Brooks is my top choice and how about Boog later on in the playoffs. Let’s face it they won’t be around forever and they deserve the honor.

From what I’ve heard about Brooks’ health, he’s probably not up to it.  But it would be awesome if he could.  

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

From what I’ve heard about Brooks’ health, he’s probably not up to it.  But it would be awesome if he could.  

That's a shame. He could pass for a 100 year old these days, it's hard to believe he's only 4 years older than Boog. I hope he's around to see the next Orioles championship.

The reason I thought Trey Mancini would be a good choice is that he hasn't been seen in OPACY in over a year, and he is absolutely beloved by both the fanbase and the current team. Palmer is great, but with his role on MASN there's not a lot of novelty or wow factor to his being in the building. Cal is also seen at games a fair amount, Eddie Murray was here a few months ago. But not only have we not gotten to cheer for Trey this year, can you imagine how excited Hays, Santander, Mullins, etc. would be to see him? It's not just the pitch that's going to be memorable, it's the hug from Adley or Means or whoever catches it.

On 9/26/2023 at 12:41 PM, Just Regular said:

Buck Showalter and Nick Markakis are two biggies from that era.      Nick especially if we get an ATL matchup.

I want to see Nick back at Camden Yards.  Has he officially been back since he retired?  He was a big part of the O's getting back to the playoffs.  Sad to see him go to the Braves, but it was probably the right choice. 

16 hours ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I want to see Nick back at Camden Yards.  Has he officially been back since he retired?  He was a big part of the O's getting back to the playoffs.  Sad to see him go to the Braves, but it was probably the right choice. 

He was back recently for Jones retirement as an Oriole. 

Edited by TheWall
Originally said induction to Os Hall of Fame

16 hours ago, TheWall said:

He was back recently for Jones induction into the Os Hall of Fame. 

Jones wasn't inducted into the O's hall of fame yet.  I'm sure he will be someday.  But yea Nick was there to help celebrate Jones for his retirement ceremony/festivities.