2024 Opening Day Roster

EERinthe804

I think that Hall and Wells are both best suited to late inning relief, though I wouldn't mind adding another high leverage reliever. 

I like the starting four of Bradish, Rodriguez, Means and Kremer.  But, I'd really like to see us reach higher than the Gibson's and Lyles of the world and go after someone like Jordan Montgomery or Blake Snell.

10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m still making a big push for Luis Robert and seeing if the WS would move him.

I would trade for a starter and sign someone in FA.

Would add 2-3 new BP arms.

I do like the Idea of finding teams under new management. I love Roberts talent but not his track record of health.

32 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

Get a good SP that can fit somewhere around Bradish/Grayson/Means, 3 or more stud bullpen relievers (one of those should be a top flight closer, especially if Bautista is out for 2024).

Not worried about the positional talent.

I agree with this.  At least two bullpen arms (long relief) and if there is a solid veteran starter that can pitch 200 innings in a year, grab him. 

16 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I think that Hall and Wells are both best suited to late inning relief, though I wouldn't mind adding another high leverage reliever. 

I like the starting four of Bradish, Rodriguez, Means and Kremer.  But, I'd really like to see us reach higher than the Gibson's and Lyles of the world and go after someone like Jordan Montgomery or Blake Snell.

If we could land Snell, that would be huge. 

29 minutes ago, foxfield said:

I would make a play for Hader.  And at least two other BP arms.  Agree with Moose.  I aint worried about the positional talent.

I agree… my number one target is Hader.  Particularly with Bautista out.  And with the LF wall , Camden would be an appealing park for him 

I think the roster looks just like it does right now except for some bullpen arms, and Frazier probably moving on.  Hope we keep Urias at 3B and Westberg at 2nd until Holiday forces the issue at 2B. Gunnar is The Shortstop. He's the "Alpha Infielder," or "biggest dick in the shower" to use Buck's colorful terminology.   Gotta keep Tony Taters, he's a huge part of this team and locker room. I think we keep Mateo as well, we wouldn't have 97 wins right now without him. Hope we trade the AAA infield log jam for some pitching, even if that is pitching prospects.  But overall, if it ain't broke don't fix it.   

56 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Need a lot of change with the pitching staff and it will be interesting to see how they handle the positional talent.

This.  I'd like them to acquire a mid-rotation starter (I doubt JA will approve a large free agent contract, so it will probably be via trade), and several relievers.  They have to do something with the position player logjam; no more kicking the can down the road.  I think trading Santander makes the most sense; JA won't extend him and I wouldn't want them to anyway.  We also have Kjerstad and Cowser ready to take over RF.  I would also use Norby, Ortiz, and Stowers as trade bait.

4 minutes ago, Birdland in NC said:

I think the roster looks just like it does right now except for some bullpen arms, and Frazier probably moving on.  Hope we keep Urias at 3B and Westberg at 2nd until Holiday forces the issue at 2B. Gunnar is The Shortstop. He's the "Alpha Infielder," or "biggest dick in the shower" to use Buck's colorful terminology.   Gotta keep Tony Taters, he's a huge part of this team and locker room. I think we keep Mateo as well, we wouldn't have 97 wins right now without him. Hope we trade the AAA infield log jam for some pitching, even if that is pitching prospects.  But overall, if it ain't broke don't fix it.   

Dan Duquette has entered the chat