It's the ninth anniversary of the Delmon Young bases loaded double in the 2014 ALDS

OsFanSinceThe80s

I was working in Downtown Baltimore that day at Charles Street and Lexington, and I have the ESPN Gameday up on my screen and we had the bases loaded with Delmon up, and before the Gameday updated for the three run double, I could hear the roar of the crowd from my office, which I would think is the equivalent of about 8 blocks or more from the Stadium.  Then it updated.....three runs in.

And then, in the bottom of the ninth, again, I heard the roar of the crowd with each out that Britton got to close out the game.  It was pretty surreal having a crowd roar telling me what was happening before the plays were updated.

Good times!!

• Upvote 4

2131 was just different from everything but taking that moment out of it, I don’t think I have ever been to the stadium at a moment like that one.

And I went to all the playoff games in 96 and 97, AS game, Ripkens 400th, Eddie’s 500th, etc…most major events I have been fortunate to be there.

That moment, in terms of crowd noise, etc..is/was very hard to top.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dzorange said:

That and Nate McClouth scoring the first run of the Orioles 2012 playoffs are most memorable for me from that 2012-2016 run.

Who will be this year's Delmon Young?

Of course it will be Frazier. Some way, somehow

He’s a good candidate, that’s for sure. Same with Hicks.

31 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Orioles don't have many playoff highlights since 1983, but this is probably the most memorable one. I don't know what will happen this postseason, but here's hoping there will be some new playoff memories created this October.

• Like 1

I am in the second row of the left field stands, just above the 'E' in "POSTSEASON". My sister is to my left in an orange hat, jumping up and down with her arms over her head. My then-girlfriend, now wife is to my right, mostly blocked by the arms of the woman in front of her who is raising her arm in celebration. I can be seen screaming at the left fielder that he isn't going to be able to make the throw to get Hardy at the plate.

It is an all-time great memory and I am so glad I was there and can be seen in the highlight.

It almost made me want to get outfield seats again for this postseason, but I decided to stick with the front row of the upper box for most games, and field box for one game per series.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Remember Fox or ESPN with the decibel meter in the dugout?  I was so proud of how loud the stadium was - even though I wasn't there.  Hopefully there will be some deafeningly loud moments this weekend. I will be there for the games on Saturday & Sunday and will not be leaving with a voice.

This video is a better recap in my opinion - it has fan shots mixed in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQ-14NSRog

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goober Noodles said:

Remember Fox or ESPN with the decibel meter in the dugout?  I was so proud of how loud the stadium was - even though I wasn't there.  Hopefully there will be some deafeningly loud moments this weekend. I will be there for the games on Saturday & Sunday and will not be leaving with a voice.

This video is a better recap in my opinion - it has fan shots mixed in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDQ-14NSRog

I think that was in 2012 against the Yankees they had a segment where they showed how loud Camden Yards was.  The announcer said it was the loudest he had ever seen an outdoor stadium.  I think it was like 134 decibels if I am right. 

59 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Bringing up Delmon Young on a day where people are arguing whether a “bad clubhouse guy” in Bauer could fit in here just seems right.

Yeah hated Delmon since the day he threw his bat at a umpire in the minor leagues.   That double he hit erased any lingering bad feelings I had.  I guess I am two faced.  LOL