Wednesday’s Open Workout

justD

1 hour ago, AdamK said:

One would hope. 

I've noticed the team is getting a bit more current with the fanbase in other ways too. 

- Mr Splash seems silly, but this was a very innovative stroke of genius turning the homer hose and basepath celebration into a theme that gets the fans involved. 

- City Connect, as polarizing as the design seems, does do a fine job IMO bringing in local art to the stadium. There are murals inside that bring the campaign to life more than just an advertisement.

- Their YouTube channel has lots of content that is contemporary capture a vibe I don't recall was there before. Check out these Low Fi videos...

Mr. Splash is cheesy, but that section sells out every night. People love it. Great, fun idea. The City Connect bashing is so tired. We've come a long way since the botched "leaked" photos, and I actually really like them. Plus, the people of Baltimore seem to really like them, which is probably the most important thing. This organization needs a grassroots fan base again, and every little bit helps. Their social media is engaging as well, which is something that I think they've done a good job with for a long time. When you're laughably bad, you've gotta be able to laugh at yourself. 

They'll continue to build on all of this, but it's all trending in the right direction. 

3 hours ago, AdamK said:

- City Connect, as polarizing as the design seems, does do a fine job IMO bringing in local art to the stadium. There are murals inside that bring the campaign to life more than just an advertisement.

I loved seeing this on the main concourse:

IMG_0017.thumb.jpeg.51199c6e2872445bc83a6ed48b890033.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

Mr. Splash is cheesy, but that section sells out every night. People love it. Great, fun idea. The City Connect bashing is so tired. We've come a long way since the botched "leaked" photos, and I actually really like them. Plus, the people of Baltimore seem to really like them, which is probably the most important thing. This organization needs a grassroots fan base again, and every little bit helps. Their social media is engaging as well, which is something that I think they've done a good job with for a long time. When you're laughably bad, you've gotta be able to laugh at yourself. 

They'll continue to build on all of this, but it's all trending in the right direction. 

Having an incredibly young team helps too. 

Hell, I bought Monopoly Deal this summer just because the youth movement said in an interview together they play it on flights and in the clubhouse. 

It's a good vibe right now. Hope they can keep it going. 

22 hours ago, Sanfran327 said:

It's amazing to me how many sports organizations still don't get this. Any team that relies on revenue in the slightest to succeed needs to be doing whatever they can to attract and serve fans. Before Elias showed up, it was apparent that the O's didn't care about the fans, as the gameday fan experience had reached new lows for me. Now they are going above and beyond to connect with and grow the fan base, and that's what will eventually allow us to keep some of our new favorite players around. 

I have pretty conflicted feelings about him, but I think a lot of these changes started happening when John Angelos took over.  The article in the Sun yesterday hinted at the changes he made on the business side after taking over.  And hiring a brilliant GM and staying out of his way has been the best move he’s made.