ALDS Game 2 - Revenge of the O's

86this

I think the biggest misnomer for this Texas team is that since they ended up as a WC team and lost the AL West on the last day, they were "done".

At one point, they were 5+ games up in the AL West and then had each of  Jung, Seager, and Seimen out for a month and then most of their first half of the rotation (and then in-season trade replacements) hit the IL.

And yet they still won 90 games. They were the team I was the most worried about in the WC and if they keep getting healthy they are going to be an extremely tough out for anyone

I haven't read the game thread yet so maybe this was already brought up.. the Means injury is a killer and looming large. I would have much rather he start today instead Rodriguez. Not to say this wouldn't have happened to Rodriguez on Tues but still would have gone with means. Plus Baker would have been nowhere near this roster if Means had been healthy.

Also Elias's crappy ass bullpen moves from Webb to Fuji to now Flaherty coming back to bite him in the ASS.

I made a post about this way back in July.  I stressed that if you REALLY look at the  O's team, right now....they do not have what I would call a lineup filled with what I would call true star players.  In fact the 2014 team IMO had way more QUALITY players.

Right now the only real star players on the Os are GR....who is still young....and that is about it.  AR is good, but he is not a star.  He is glue.  A player who will keep the team moving forward.  Not a player who is going to carry you to a WS win.  Other than  that?  I said it back in 2014 and I will say it again, the Os had guys like Davis and Nelson Cruz...who I said then and I will say it again.....should have been resigned for $xxx no questions asked.  I got killed on this forum for suggesting that btw.

Pitching?  GR obviously will be better next year imo.  Means as well.  Bradish is fine.  Never expect anything from Bautista again.

They need to trade for a true superstar hitter and a true #1 starter and imo they can and will win it all next year.

Will they make those moves?  Probably not.

4 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

But, we won’t 100 games, so obviously these guys are all really good.

I don’t know if anyone’s said that and Flaherty was here for not much of it. He can’t take credit for anything except having bloody diarrhea all over the place since his arrival. No one should think Flaherty is responsible for any of the good things that happened this season